REPAIRING BECK NIT | FerrariChat

REPAIRING BECK NIT

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Duane, Nov 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    I wanted to see if anyone has repaired or placed their Becker NIT. I have a 2014 F12, The Navigation and radio were not turning on. I brought it to the local dealer. They are telling me that the Becker NIT needs to be replaced. The part is $8,700.00 and about 4 hours of labor. Issue the part is on backorder with no date as to when it will be shipped. Sounds like many months. I found the part much cheaper through Scuderia but same issue with the delay in getting the part. I would have to think these could be repaired. My part number is 316898 and the other car that has this part is the 458 Speciale and La Ferrari.

The main issue is I want this done asap. I scoured eBay but have not found that part number. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    FWIW, my capless fuel filler seal failed on the first fill-up after my '13 F12 was delivered. Same issue with part availability showing backorder with no ETA. The situation was a bit more dire since a full tank overflowed and dumped gas on the garage floor, undercarriage, etc making the car unsafe to drive. The dealer suggested I contact Ferrari N.A. which did seem to help break things loose timing-wise for the replacement part.

You might also consider Eurospares if you haven't looked already. I feel they carry a larger parts inventory and frequently seem to have salvage parts available which admittedly might not be that attractive unless you can't find a new replacement.

3. milrad

milrad Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have the exact same issue with my 2014 F12. Except the quote from my dealer was north of $14K for the part alone.

I could not find anyone willing to try to repair it.

I have had one on order (from Europe) for months now...

4. Falcon7x

Falcon7x Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2012
    Flight Level 450
    Full Name:
    Stew
  5. milrad

milrad Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Falcon7x likes this.
  6. nguyennhatquang

nguyennhatquang Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Hanoi
    Can you open your Becker Nit and sent me a Picture inside it?
    first I need a fault code from the NIT system in order to tell u how to repair it

dustywusty likes this.
  7. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    Gonna ask the obvious question here...why bother replacing the becker unit with another outdated one when there are so many double din headunits you could put instead?

I have a Sony A7000 in mine, uses the factory amp and speakers and gives me carplay/android auto and barely looks different than stock. I get wanting to keep a car stock, but the becker unit is just so hilariously out of date and these price quotes are insane, i mean sheesh you could put the equivalent Jeep MyGig system in the car and take some xylitol to clean off the screen printed xm and rds logos for about 200 bucks, not saying you should do that but it's a 50$ headunit that has 8700 dollars worth of ferrari tax assigned to it.

SoftwareDrone and papou like this.
  8. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The added benefit of this is that it's much easier to add a high-end audio system in the car.

9. dustywusty

dustywusty Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2017
    Florida
    F12 doesn't have a standard headunit/dashboard, it's all in the driver's screen on the right.

10. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    yeah i reread the original post and realized it was F12 not FF

Makes sense! though I'm still positive there has to be a way to improve it

11. milrad

milrad Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Well if you have ideas I'd love to hear them. I have no qualms about the originality of the audio. But up until now, replacing the NIT seems like the only game in town....it controls everything in the right screen other than the camera and the speedometer.

12. milrad

milrad Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Update. My new NIT arrived after about a 6 month wait. I installed it and it fired right up. Completely plug and play (so far). It's so nice to have the radio/BT/nav/phone functionality back!

Now I have my old NIT and wondering what to do with it. Somebody somewhere must repair these. Curiously, it looks like the build date on the old one is 2018, and I have a 2014 model year car. So unless I'm reading the date code wrong (13/04/18), it's been replaced once (at least) before.

nguyennhatquang likes this.
  13. BBM5

BBM5 Rookie

Dec 20, 2022
    Full Name:
    BB
    Bamsefar likes this.
  14. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Will the Sony A700 give me car play in my FF.

15. camshaft

camshaft Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    MA
    Full Name:
    Austin
    Out of curiosity if this fails and you keep the right side display on speedometer without the radio on does the car still function normally?

16. nguyennhatquang

nguyennhatquang Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Hanoi
    Can you sent me your NIT, I can try to repair it.
    do u have Phone no or whatapps? we can talk thanks

17. milrad

milrad Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yes. I've been driving it without all the NIT functions and no issues.

Could be. Date format is different than the new unit. Old one made in Mexico, new one in Hungary.

18. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    yes, carplay android auto and weblink

19. texhawn

texhawn Rookie

Oct 17, 2023
    Full Name:
    Donald Rodrigues
    Had the same issue on my 2018 488. Same answer - replace the Becker NIT (total cost $11,330) - and all checks good now. BTW, had less than 5K on the odometer when this went out.

20. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Simple question. What head unit do I put in my 2015 FF that gives me access to Apple CarPlay

21. TheStrategist

TheStrategist Rookie

Jul 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    A 2015 FF would already have CarPlay...

papou likes this.
  22. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla