Replace Porsche 991.1 C4S with a Ferrari 328 GTS? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Replace Porsche 991.1 C4S with a Ferrari 328 GTS?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SLC Tortfeasor, Jun 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should I replace the 911 with a 328?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2020.
  1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No!

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    ...happy to get out, if you can still "unfold" youself after 900 miles in the seat, and climb out of the car, that is...

Rgds

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    if you can do the mtns on your own - its a whole lot less. totally agree.

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I used to drive my 308 QV from Atlanta Ga. to New Castle Pa about 847Miles and back to visit my folks... I'd leave at 6:30 Am and arrive in Pa around 5 ish. if I was driving back I'd usually leave earlier to miss Pittsburgh Traffic ... around 5:30 and get back to Atl. around 6 PM. usually did this in the fall or spring. never had an incident.... other than I hit a deer carcass once on the road.... but that is another story.

4. daynyc

daynyc Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2016
    As a current owner of both a Porsche 991.1 C4 S and a 308 QV, I concur completely with Nuvolari. I have owned "classic" cars for many years and drive them regularly. But driving them and the Porsche are entirely different experiences. That particular Porsche is an extraordinary car and we are lucky to have one.
    For a long time I struggled with the dream of justifying a vintage Rolls or Bentley as a daily driver, but ultimately came to my senses. I keep the cars I love until I can figure out a way to keep them AND something new. Keep the Porsche!

5. Amalfitano

Amalfitano Rookie

May 4, 2020
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fausto Tersigni
    I have had a 1991 Porsche 964 and 2 Porsche 993 (1996) several years ago. They were all great fun cars that you could drive the crap out of. Now , I have an 86 Eurospec GTS. I would never go back to the 911. They are great cars, but NOTHING compares to the feeling and pure driving joy that my 328 gives me. It's truly an amazing iconic machine and I never understood the complete meaning of a Ferrari until I had this iconic one in my garage at my disposal each Sunday morning. I could have bought a 430 or a 458 but i'm over the whole Navigation , GPS power go 0-60 in 3 second phase at this point. (my S4 has all of that). The Ferrari will be with me until my kids get it and I thank God each day I talked myself into realizing a life long dream.