Replacement power top hydraulic lines | FerrariChat

Replacement power top hydraulic lines

Discussion in '348/355' started by DaveH, Jun 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DaveH

DaveH Rookie

May 29, 2012
    I have now ‘blown’ my second hydraulic line on my ‘99 355 Spyder. Does anyone know a good (inexpensive)way to repair or replace these? Thanks

2. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Local auto stores will sometimes make up hoses. Check with truck or tractor shop.

3. Cauf61

Cauf61 Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2016
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Or a industry hydraulic shop.

4. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I went through this years ago on my Spider. At that time no hydraulic shop I went to would touch these because of the special fittings. Even got in touch with the OEM supplier, Parker. Ended up going used via Ferrparts.

However....since then I have read of shops that are now willing to rebuild these hoses. I bookmarked a couple but am not on my PC right now.

5. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Dave,
    I would think that any industrial hydraulic hose shop that deals in small hoses for automation would be able to help you. But in the future, you may want to "help" your top up and down to reduce the stress on the hydro system. I own a spider and I think that top system is the most overengineered hunk of nonsense to ever be bolted to an automobile. They should have just made it a manual top.

phrogs likes this.