Replacement Update for SF90 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Replacement Update for SF90

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by iloveferrari, Apr 15, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EuropeFerrari

EuropeFerrari Rookie

Apr 2, 2023
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    No deposit yet but I’m on the waiting list .

iloveferrari likes this.
  2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Lamborghini coming with a 10k rpm ttV8

MotorMouth likes this.
  3. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    For the Huracan replacement?

4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Yes, I know not a direct competitor to this SF90M, but it’s a v8tt.

5. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    10k RPM for Twin Turbo!? Damn!

NGooding and Lagunae92 like this.
  6. Ilferrarista92

Ilferrarista92 Karting

Dec 7, 2018
    950 hp vs 830hp for 296 which is the direct competitor….

7. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    10k rpm vs ferrari v8tt or even v6tt at 8.5k rpm. I much prefer the direction lambo is going :-(

8. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I saw the Temerario (Huracan replacement) at the factory few months ago as a completed finished product, I LOVED it, the power train is something else, the engineers have told me that the motor was revving reliably at 12,000 RPM :eek: but they decided to go to market with 10k, they can very easily push the power train to in excess of 1,000HP, the Temerario will be a very special car for Lamborghini and I can not wait for mine.

I will also add, IMO the design will really appeal to Ferrari buyers, it’s an aggressive yet elegant design, personally I really like it.

Gh21631, polishhammer83, 9nb and 8 others like this.
  9. Ilferrarista92

Ilferrarista92 Karting

Dec 7, 2018
    I hope that Ferrari will take some notes :D

Senad, NGooding and imahorse like this.
  10. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Lambo needs to build a bigger cockpit - it's even smaller in Spider.
    My hope is no SF90 next gen - let the mold die, it's getting very Lambo like and not in a good way.

polishhammer83 and Thecadster like this.
  11. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Yes Ferrari will let die their biggest performing street car ever LOL That would be pure idiocy!

Also the Temerario and Revuelto cockpits are larger with more head room.

polishhammer83 likes this.
  12. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    You think after they make an XX there is room for another SF90 version - I do not unless it's limited or vastly different.
    It makes zero sense to produce a track version and then another road version. I think you are used to Lambo gen living 10 years vs Ferrari - the SF90 was introduced in 2019 in Monterey it will be made til 2025 ish. Pure idiocy - little uncalled for.
    I cancelled my Sian due to headroom or lack of - add cancelled SCV12 which had no roll bar due to how they built the carbon tub even overhead - it sucked the life out of me as the President and I had a long conversation who is now with Ferrari. Long story short - Lambo exptends their models too long for my liking. Model after model after model all same with Porsche like tweaks - parts bin car. My .02

F1RST likes this.
  13. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    The SCV12 safety cell is tested to 7 times the car’s weight with a 30 mm deflection and it’s built to LMH standards and you canceled it because of lack of roll bar? Seriously? If you were invited to buy one I am sure you would’ve had the ability to talk to the engineers directly about the efficiency of the safety cell. The only safety cell fully homologated without an exposed roll bar.

The cabin is very spacious for that reason and it’s safer or at least as safe that if equipped with a standard roll bar.

As for the Sian you’d found out if you sat in an Aventador how the cabin feels, I’ve canceled mine because it’s just a rebodied A.

Gh21631, ScrappyB and iloveferrari like this.
  14. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    I sat in the SCV12 it was a virtual cockpit set up at the factory debut and sent a deposit.
    Cancelled it because was told the Sian coupe would have more head room than AV - it actually had the same and then was toldI could get a roadster - then told they were all sold and ended it - canceled all orders. SVJ63 roadster Sian SCV12 - 5m cancelled.

I am not a fan of Lambo any longer - their new Ruvolto or whatever is an improved AV engine
    Their new V8TT - 10k RPM at 750hp - makes no sense you don't need those rpm's to make 750hp - very cool but it just doesn't make sense on TT.
    Anyway - SF90 years into the build as you will see by owning both who built the faster car - XX is blistering in comparison. No complaints I left Mac and Lambo and went all Ferrari - luckily Ferrari started getting serious about performance on track

15. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    #42 Fortis, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    I enjoy and own multiple brands and therefore I am not biased, they all make fantastic cars in different flavours,I love cars of all types, your gripes with Lamborghini aren’t really a general concern, Lamborghini makes fantastic cars and with the Reveulto and the upcoming Temerario they have two very worthy adversaries for their competition. Their new V8 makes no sense? LOL You know nothing about that car and motor but you decided that it makes no sense?

Anyway, enjoy whatever you have bought for yourself now from Ferrari.

BTW the 1st SCV12 deposit was non refundable, under an “irrevocable proposal to purchase a special vehicle” so I assume you have lost your €300k?

Gh21631, ScrappyB and iloveferrari like this.
  16. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Nice.

17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Designing a high revving V8TT makes perfect sense since the electric motor will fill in the torque. Also, those RPMs deliver extra emotion.

I’m actually quite surprised they developed this engine for such a low volume application and wonder if it will be shared with other VWAG vehicles. Porsche perhaps?

18. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #45 Cocoloco, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 22, 2024
    Likely going to weigh same as their V12.
    It's got "cool" factor add sound - hope it performs.
    That engine considering 918 URUS etc - let's see where it goes next.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    How can you place a deposit for something that doesn't exist? My dealer still cant figure out how to take deposits on the 12c.

D11, NGooding and Thecadster like this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Neither can mine…

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ScrappyB, Gh21631 and LMP like this.
  21. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    That's the way I see cryptocurrency

LVP488 and Gh21631 like this.
  22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not interested in any current lambo but the Huracan replacement has my interest. At those power figures it will be quicker than the rev. I can’t see how that makes sense for their brand but I’m here for it.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Kinda similar to the 296 vs SF90 other than from a stop.