Replacing 360 Oil Pressure Transmitter in less than 5 minutes | FerrariChat

Replacing 360 Oil Pressure Transmitter in less than 5 minutes

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Jun 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Removing an oil filter isn't usually a big deal, but from my experiences with this car, it's a little more of a pain if you don't have the "proper" tool for it, I even have a few different universal filter tools and they have been less than helpful. Not wanting to go through the hassle of it, I grabbed this little sucker from Ye Ole Toolbox and went in from the passenger's side, had it swapped out in no time. So if you need to replace yours and don't have the expensive oil filter tool or feel the need to pay someone insane $$ to do a 5 minute job, grab one of these and you'll have it done in no time. I also installed one of Ricambi's protective boots, fitment is ok, as long as it does the job...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Park-Tool-SCW-24-Cone-Wrench-24-0mm/253611996972?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.
  2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Thank you! That's a really nice heads up for a thin wrench..

3. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Dumb question, if I already had someone replace the sensor for me, could I install a boot without taking it back off?

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

On a 360? (the boot fits a whole bunch of cars which use the same pressure sensor 135940) I'm not sure if there is enough slack on the harness to slide the boot into place without removing the pressure sensor first. @RedNeck can you confirm?

Designed by a fellow Fchatter, the protective boot is available here: https://www.ricambiamerica.com/135940-b-oil-pressure-sender-cover.html

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yes, you would just disconnect the wire and run it through the boot, then slip it on. Make sure you put the wire back on the same terminal, one is comm and one is ground, w/continuity to the casing/block.

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yes, slip it over the wire, install wire, then slip over body of sender..

Ricambi America likes this.
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Anyone have info on how to replace the oil sending unit on an F430?

Thanks in advance.

Dan