Replacing batteries in key fob straight forward? | FerrariChat

Replacing batteries in key fob straight forward?

Discussion in '360/430' started by azzurribaggio, Jul 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

2007 f430

So any gotchas with doing this? I assume just open, replace old batteries with new and close the key fob and test the alarm? Anything I'm missing?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. irix

irix Karting

Aug 28, 2015
    Germany
    Full Name:
    J.B
    No gotchas. One of the easy DIY jobs :)

I'm 360 Canuck and f355spider like this.
  3. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Until I do Trev's mod and tell the Immo to f-off, I put in new batteries everytime we change to Daylight Saving Time (same time as I do with my smoke and CO Monitors at home).
    I'm terrified of one experiencing cardiac arrest.

Easy peasy!

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Just keep fingers off the contacts

5. azzurribaggio

Ok replaced the batteries..by the way I assume you place the two batteries on top of each other with the "+" facing up on both? I didn't take note of what orientation the bottom battery was when it popped out.

Also once you get the area where you put the screw driver in opening a little then just carefully pry around the rest of the key till both sides come apart. As you can see in the pic below the two portions slide in together so no need to just keep prying open on the screen driver area. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. azzurribaggio

Ok still not working, that being the alarm doesn't get armed when using this key fob. Any other ideas?

7. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    This worked for me when I had exactly same problem.
    Repeatedly lock and unlock the car with the working fob until the car locks stop responding. Immediately then try the non working fob as this should re synchronise the non working fob.

8. azzurribaggio

Remember how many times that was roughly? But now the previously working Key Fob will not work?

9. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    I can’t remember the exact number but it was something like 10 or 12.

A pain your second fob is now not now working. Have you tried turning the battery isolator off, leave it for an hour, and turn it on again. I’ve also had this work for me.