Replica 250 GTO: need info | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Replica 250 GTO: need info

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jonesn, Dec 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TomoHawk

TomoHawk Rookie

Jan 24, 2004
    Cleveland, OH, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm going to start my 280 based replica in late summer. I need to finish de-bugging the mechanicals first. 4-wheel disc brakes, better steering, some other stuff (secret).

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    What do these cars titles say for model? I can see a cop givving you a really hard time tellng him its a datsun...

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think you stay with the donor car, regardless of body shape. Same goes for the insurance.

While on the subject: What about those P4 replicas from the UK? What does the title and insurance say on those? Or the Hawk Stratos replicas? Anybody know?

4. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    330 P4 Replica at Baden-Baden Oldtimer meeting 2002

5. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  6. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm speechless.
    :)

8. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    And the beautiful V8 (Ford ?) !!!

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    They got the PROVA plate, among other things a bit wrong...

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Before I'll order my replica from the UK I'll make sure I'll have taken lots of fotos from Glick's car.
    :)

Seriously, if I had more money I'd be ordering the complete car they have for sale with the Ferrari V12. There are the men of Jim's caliber who can afford the real deal and there are folks like me who would just be happy with a beautiful replicar like this (assuming it has the Ferrari heart).

Can't wait to see Jim's car in the metal.

11. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.

sorry but that (imo) looks pretty crap.

the dimensions are all wrong.

12. 250gto

250gto Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    France Marly le Roy
    you write :he was doing the 250gto please let me know if it was a replica or a real one among the 39s built ?
    thanks for your answer !

QUOTE=Thatsmytoy;55175]I went to a guy's house in Santee..15 minutes from San Diego...he was doing 240Z conversions...hardtop and conv...I found his name from the Kit Car magazine web site...so i visited him just to see his work...but i dont have the info anymore...he was doing the 250GTO...and there is(was) a company up in Escondido(about 30 min away..making the Cal Syder(Ferris Bueller)...the Kit Car magazine web site shoud have info on these...
    Bill in San Diego[/QUOTE]

13. udrunkenmonkey

Sep 26, 2016
    HI guys,
    I'm brand new to this forum but stumbled upon a McBurnie GTO replica on a Datsun Z frame that unfortunately has been sitting outside for years.
    Trying to get a sense of the value for these cars. The nose is in great shape but the roof has cracks in the bondo(?) and the same in one of the quarter panels.
    I know this is very limited info but just trying to get a ballpark number for what an original 70's vintage GTO replica project is worth??

Thanks for your time