Replica 250 Testa Rossa #0716TR | FerrariChat

Replica 250 Testa Rossa #0716TR

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by GHK, Mar 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GHK

GHK Rookie

Jun 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gert Kersten
    In the spring of 2019 I bought at a sale at the Metropole museum at Druten, the Netherlands, a replica aluminium body of a 250 Testa Rossa in the colors of #0716TR owned by Lawrence Stroll.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    It is a body only fitted to a Ferrari 250 PF replica chassis. There are no mechanical parts, wheels on hubs fitted to sqare tube, so no suspension, no steering. Dummy gauges and a Nardi steer. Wooden floor. This TR was sold to me by Frans van Haren, of pre-war Alfa Romeo fame. Frans told me he bought it from Soren Ditlev Jensen, manager of Strojer Samlingen, museum at Assens on the Island Funen in Denmark. www.strojersamlingen.dk . Image Unavailable, Please Login
    At the Strojer Samlingen. Found on the internet. Who made this picture?

All Soren knew is that they bought is from Rodolphe de Biolley at St.-Truiden in Belgium, owner of www.mecanicimport.com . Sells specials of Alfa, Maserati, Ferrari, Cobra, OSCA etc. He has sold it to Strojer 25 years ago and has no remembrance of it anymore.
    In the meantime I have a Alfa-Romeo front and rear axle bolt to it. Traced a Fiat Dino 2000 engine and gearbox. Ivo Steentjes of Stonehill Carbodies in the Czech Republic fabricated me all the interior panels
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Is there anybody out there who can give me a clue about the origin of this project,
    WHO MADE THE ALUMINIUM BODY?

RamsHmb likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Lawrence Stroll never owned 0716 TR.
    He used to own 0718 TR but that was years ago.

Marcel Massini