Replica 250 tool roll? | FerrariChat

Replica 250 tool roll?

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Mattie69, Oct 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mattie69

Mattie69 Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    anybody making a replica tool roll for a 250, I am really just looking for something that looks vintage in the trunk with out spending a fortune , it doesn't have to be correct and I don't need the tools, are the actual measurements available for a 250 tool roll any where online? Can anybody give the rough measurements so I can have something made, is there a similar material/ vynle available ? I was looking at vintage motorcycle fork mounted tool rolls but they are not quite big enough , maybe a I will look in a horse tack store next ..

2. TomoHawk

TomoHawk Rookie

Jan 24, 2004
    Cleveland, OH, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I work with leather for fun, so I will tell you that making a roll from a local leather supplier (like Tandy leather) leather will probably be the best way, unless you can afford the vintage bag/roll or a custom-made one. You'll only need to study closely the design in photos, and figure out the dimensions from the pieces in the roll, such as a Riganti jack, and make allowances for bulky items like the oil filter wrench, and the spares bulb holder. Then make a list of the tools you'll want, authentic or practical, and adjust the design again.

The most difficult thing when actually making the roll will be to cut the many slots for the tool straps, and to sew the backer straps to the roll. Remember that this is an item that will suffer from much stress at certain [points, suc as where the tie-straps attach, and add reinforcements or extra stitching. If you wish to have a vintage-looking kit, give it to a mechanic friend and let him carry his tools in it for a week...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login .
    #s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }

3. TomoHawk

TomoHawk Rookie

Jan 24, 2004
    Cleveland, OH, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Here are a few more photos for reference:

Attached Files: