Reprinting a Window Sticker | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Reprinting a Window Sticker

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Spoo, Jan 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    I would, but it won't help as Ferrari North America only made the exception since my local dealer is closer to me than the selling dealer. My best recommendation is to try all the local dealers in your area, and then call Ferrari North America directly if nobody wants to cooperate.

Ferrari North America is still on track. The dealers are the ones who are providing the resistance. I heard lots of lies from the original selling dealer, which were confirmed as untrue by FNA.

2. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I got mine!

I contacted Ferrari New England about a month ago about it, and they had told me that they couldn't do it anymore, then the other day they emailed me saying it came in! I think they "applied" for it or whatever with FNA, and after being told no from them, it just showed up in the mail one day.

Needless to say I am a very happy camper with them right now. I stopped by to check out their showroom too and pick up my sticker and WOW they have a lot of nice stuff in there. F50, and out of place Aventador, SA Aperta, Supermerica etc. no Speciale though :( I spent a good amount of time walking around checking out the Maserati Gran Turismos since I am interested in one, but no one came over to talk to me about one so I left :-\ I was hoping to take a used one for a spin or something but no luck. Not sure how strict they are about letting people drive used cars there, plus I suppose I look a little young.

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Depending on your model, if you have access to the Owners Section on the Ferrari website, under "Car Details" they will list the build spec of your car including all deviations and options. Look where it lists all the Ferraris you have and you can find it.

I have a heavily optioned 550 with several deviations from standard and it's all listed right there, including the deviated colors, codes, etc., right down to the optional luggage set that it came with.

You can always print that out in lieu of a window sticker or in addition to. I believe that they did this when they stopped issuing "Heritage Certificates" or whatever they were called.

4. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    How does one get access to the owners section?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He is talking about the Factory website for Owners.

You just log in and give them your VIN, it takes a day or two, and they acknowledge you and load the info from their side..

You can load in a picture of your car also,, to prove "you have it"

6. handdoc

handdoc Karting

Apr 3, 2014

you must be the guy who they told me about...they are asking for one for me...i got the same response from them, hopefully i'll get one too!

call jesse berger the head of sales if you want to look at the max...when i was there i saw 2 enzos, 2 f40s, f50, sa aperta, and everything else you could imagine

7. clex2

clex2 Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    Here is the reply to my inquiry into getting my window sticker reprinted by my dealer:

"Sorry but FNA no longer reprints window stickers and ironically we have places like F-Chat to blame. I was successful a couple of years ago getting them to reprint a few stickers for me but once people started talking about it online, FNA got inundated with requests and they shut it down."

I hoping it's not true. Planning to call Ferrari NA on Monday to see.

8. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I called Ferrari NA recently, and they told me they are no longer offering this service. However, they did take my contact info, in case they restart this service in the future (probably at a cost).

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    FNA: the owners best friends: not.

But hey, it's only a 300k car you bought. It's not like it's a Kia or something valuable.

10. clex2

clex2 Karting

Aug 30, 2009
    I just called Ferrari NA and spoke to a very pleasent woman who was very helpful. She said I called the right place and that Ferrari NA does reprint window stickers but they stopped it a year ago and are in the midst of getting it restarted using a different printing method. I was told to call back in three months or so to check on where there were with getting things up and going again. Cross our fingers. All is not lost.

11. pfl

pfl Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Is there any other way to find the "EXACT" options our cars came with from the factory? I got a weird print out but there are options that are missing on the paper that the car actually has.

12. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    That's easy...contact your local dealer with the last 6 of the VIN.

13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I'm already registered with Ferrari as an owner. Sent an e-mail months ago to customer service, no reply.

Can't seem to recall ever seeing a European car with those window stickers, but I guess at some point here in Europe every car came at least with a build sheet or equivalent.

Any tips/pointers on how to get my hands on that?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

14. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Ha I have to laugh about getting a free window sticker from my local dealer! I asked for one from FNA and they apparently called the local sales manager here in SaN Antonio. After spending over $8000 with them on service on my 2015 Cali t , The manager told me he would get the window sticker for me and would charge me the $250 FNA charges Him. He even had the gall to tell me he ordered several for other customers and gave them out free only to be back charged $250 a piece which he had to eat. I can go on but it is so sad to be treated this way by the local dealer and be forced to go to non authorized dealers for service. I have never been treated this way by the Mercedes dealer here where I have purchased and had serviced many cars for 20 years or from Rolls Royce/ Bentley or even the Gmc dealer where I have purchased More than a few new Gmc trucks. James in San Antonio

15. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I do not understand your complaint. Assuming FNA does indeed charge $250 to reproduce the sticker then your dealer is not making a penny off of it. Are you saying that the dealer should eat the $250 because you've spent money there in the past? I kinda doubt an aftermarket service facility would do that so I'm not sure why you think the dealership should.

16. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Have you read the other posts???? FNA does not charge for the sticker and I. Alex them after the dealer chat and FNA said they never charge for it .

17. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    Supposed to say I called FNA back and they said they never have charged

18. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Now I understand your frustration. I figured FNA began charging for stickers when they started offering them again.

19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    its kind of funny but if you by a corvette built since 1982 the corvette museum will sell you a package with a reprint window sticker and a reproduction build sheet and production information then for a couple more dollars they will laminate them.. Or if you bought an old Shelby mustang you can contact SAAC and they will sell you a real original build sheet if they still have it or if a not a copy of it ... or if you have any ford built since 1967 you can go to a company heat will sell a complete build spec and window sticker all for a nominal fee...
    but not Ferrari ... hell they could sell them through the store for a couple of hundred dollars ..and would take only and minute and cost nothing for them....

20. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Has anyone had any luck having their window sticker reprinted in - say - the last few weeks/months? The procedure highlighted in this thread goes back to early 2014 - and it appears that things may have changed.

I emailed FOA about this (as described in one of the posts above) and received a rather stern response indicating that they don't provide that service but to contact a dealer (any dealer I guess, since I bought the car from a private party) "who might be able to help".

So I proceed to contact the Ferrari dealer nearest to me and the response I received said, for all intents and purposes, "if FOA can't help you we can't either".

Any additional suggestions?

21. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Well I thought I would chime in on my attempts. I too am trying to get the original window sticker and I'm having absolutely no luck at all. I went to my local dealer and inquired with the parts and service manager and the look I got was as if I had told him he had terminal cancer and he offered absolutely zero help, zero information and zero hope that this could be done. But he did suggest contacting FNA. Well after talking to 7 different people at FNA I was told that Ferrari Concierge used to do a few years back as a service for free bit that they are no longer in operation. However I did speak to someone at FNA who felt that it could still be done and she is supposed to get back to me on Monday, however I have very, very low hopes. Does anybody have any different or similar experience?

22. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I contacted FNA within the last month and was told that they do not re-print window stickers. Fortunately, I was able to obtain my original sticker from the prior owner (2013 458 Spider). During the time I was waiting to get the original, I ended up re-creating my sticker. Turned out well.

23. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    They used to do reprints via the original selling dealer but they stopped a few years back. We do business with several power house dealers and I asked for a favor and was turned down several times.

24. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I spoke with FNA a few months ago about obtaining a window sticker and was flatly, if politely, refused. They simply wouldn't do it at any price.

25. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    can one still get a "build sheet" from any service manager at any dealer (yeah, they have to "want to do it" for you) but they do have access to print that out still, right?

The window sticker is nice to have. But the build sheet often has more details of all options (whereas the window sticker often lumps several options into "other options" with no detail).