Reproduction black "logo stickers" for alloy wheel rims | FerrariChat

Reproduction black "logo stickers" for alloy wheel rims

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dave80gtsi, Feb 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Since I am in the process of refinishing my alloy wheels, the neat OEM black paint logo rim lettering for such as "Ferrari", "Campagnolo" and the wheel size was understandably lost. I've heard of various reproduction logo decals and stickers for these, and would be interested in some B.T.D.T. feedback.

I've heard folks mention the availability of both "stickers" with pressure sensitive backing, as well as wet transfer decals. Any user preferences for one type compared to the other? Any problems with the clear backing turning yellow with temperature and age, or perhaps with dirt getting under the edges of the sticker, creating an unrealistic looking black border edge?

Or, maybe someone has instead made up a teeny little paint stencil so that the whole decal / sticker question is rendered to be moot?

Where's a good place to purchase this sort of item nowadays? A casual search of several well known vendor's websites turned up empty.

Cheers - DM

2. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
  3. pernicev

pernicev Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    The decals look like decals, especially after time goes by. The water transfers look like the originals, but need to be clear coated to last. F-chat member pcelenta routinely sells the water transfers (inexpensive) on ebay.

4. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Wondering if anyone knows of a source for the 14" X 6 1/2" wheels?