Reputable online watch dealer? | FerrariChat

Reputable online watch dealer?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by TC (Houston), Dec 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    I am in the process of purchasing a Tag Heuer watch as a gift. Can any of you suggest a reputable online watch dealer?

So far, the best price I've found is at prestigetime.com. Have any of you ever heard of or dealt with them?

As always, TIA!

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    www.ashford.com - that's the only place I can really recommend. occassionally they have deals on Tag Heuers.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    TC.YOU HAVE A PM

4. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Worldofwatches.com

Alot of TAg's and other fine watches. They are genuine but I believe they dont have the Serial number on them.

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I bought my Tag from Ashford about 4 years ago. It was about $100 cheaper then. They're not the cheapest anymore, but I had problems with mine about 20 mos after I bought it. They replaced it, no questions asked.

6. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    150shot,

I did see this site in my search but I don't think they had the watch I was looking for. Just out of curiosity, the watches don't have the serial number on them? What does that mean?

7. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Some places machine off the serial numbers to protect themselves or the stores they obtained the watches from. Per manufacturers policy, they are limited in the amount they can discount.

Cheaper yes, but they come with no warranties by the manufacturer.

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    If anyone is going to buy a high-end watch ($5000+), I highly recommend:

www.feelgoodwatches.com

great experiences with him everytime.

9. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    I've used Wingates a few times. Their website is www.tic-tock.com. Very reputable and easy to deal with. The have a very diverse selection, from 2k up to 250k. New and pre-owned, with very good prices.

10. G-Car-Man

G-Car-Man Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    South of Boston
    Full Name:
    Greg K
    Look up Bernard watches... I have bought a few pieces from them and they have always been as good or better than described. They get some Tag's... Mostly higher end stuff... Keep checking b/c they update 3x's a week...