Request for "Safe" Hotel in Jacksonville: | FerrariChat

Request for "Safe" Hotel in Jacksonville:

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Gatorrari, Jul 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I may be attending an event on a Saturday in September at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville. I will probably drive down from Atlanta on Friday and spend the night there.

If I decide to drive my 328, can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced hotel, preferably not too far from the university, where a Ferrari can be parked overnight in relative safety?

2. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Here's one of my favorites in Jacksonville -- very upscale -- and less than 7 miles away from UNF campus:

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=2UHM1OXLQHJYCCSGBIVMVCQKIYFC3UUC?ctyhocn=JAXJAES

Here's the mapquest link, with driving directions / distance / time / etc. :

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&un=m&2tabval=address&cl=EN&ct=NA&2n=DUVAL+COUNTY&1tabval=address&2v=ADDRESS&1y=US&1a=4567+SAINT+JOHNS+BLUFF+RD+S&1c=JACKSONVILLE&1s=FL&1z=32224-2646&1ah=&2y=US&2a=9300+BAYMEADOWS+RD&2c=JACKSONVILLE&2s=FL&2z=32256-7710&2ah=&idx=0&id=410a6381-00252-02bcf-400c252b&aid=410a6381-00253-02bcf-400c252b

My wife and I actually spent our honeymoon night at this particular hotel (can't recall if it was called Embassy Suites back in '88). :)

There are other hotels, especially downtown and at the beaches, but this one is very close by, very upscale, and in the ritzy Deerwood area of town / corporate / business district (sort of the suburbs of downtown Jax).

Hope this helps...

3. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Try Ponte Vedra just a bit south of Jax. The Lodge at Ponte Vedra has safe under the building parking. I don't know about parking at The Inn but I'll find out in a few weeks when I stay there.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I know Baymeadows Road, and with the eastside bypass nearly complete that is a good choice, but I'm curious to see what anyone else comes up with. Ponte Vedra is nice but a bit further than I'm willing to go.

5. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    There's also the OMNI Hotel, along with a couple others, downtown on the Riverwalk....but I try to avoid downtown as much as possible...especially with the F-Car.

I remember back in '89 there was a corporate guy who used to drive his white Lambo Countach to work at a business park only about a block down the street from Embassy Suites on Baymeadows (just the other side of I-95).

I'd just throw a car cover on the F-car and it should be just fine.

That whole area West of Baymeadows / DeerPark towards the Beaches is growing extremely fast. Personally, I don't get out that way very often so I'm not very familiar with any newer upscale hotels that may exist out there.

Anyone over at UNF have any suggestions for you?