Request: Space Frame Pictures | FerrariChat

Request: Space Frame Pictures

Discussion in '308/328' started by ricrain, Jun 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    I searched, but didn't find much, or I simply didn't know exactly what to search for.

My 308 had some front end "experiences" many years ago, and the repairs were... well, lets just be polite and say, not so good. Also, I'm just curious as to what the differences are in the US and Euro cars is in terms of the space frame. What I would like is for anyone that has any pictures of "nekkid" 308 space frame shots to please post them. I'm interested in both US and Euro models. Front section, rear section, partials... anything.

If you have high rez pictures and would rather send them directly to me, PM for my email.

Thanks in advance.

2. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hi Ric
    Any particular year? I might be able to get photos of a glass car frame.

Gerrit
    http://dino308gt4.com

3. jth5610

jth5610 Karting

Mar 4, 2008
    Assens, Denmark
    Full Name:
    jesper thamm
    #3 jth5610, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

4. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    Steve, when you tear a car down you don't mess around do you? Very interesting to see these cars stripped down to the bare bones.

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #6 Steve Magnusson, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
    Not my cars/projects -- just useful pictures that others had previously posted. One of the great shames is that, since you can't "buy" a chassis as a spare part, an illustration of the chassis is not included in the SPCs -- a historical loss for us IMO.

You can really see in the 308GTS chassis pics how they tried to add the tallest (and stiffest) outer rail as possible to try to make up for cutting the roof off, and how much stiffness having the roof really adds (the lower outer rails on the 308GTB chassis look down right puny by comparison ;)).