Reregistering a car in NY | FerrariChat

Reregistering a car in NY

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ttforcefed, Oct 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i have 2 cars with registrations expired for more than one year. i cant get anyone from DMV on the phone. The website is crap. What do i need to do get the cars registered again? MV82 plus title and insurance card? last thing i want to do is make an appointment for dmv.

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don't know about NY but in NJ I go to a rural DMV office as it's typically less crowded. Perhaps a dealer could tell you what's required if you ask nicely?

3. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Can Use an expediting company like
    Car-Co DMV Services

4. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I re-registered a car off of winter storage in the spring by mail. I did it via my COUNTY's web site vs the DMV site. Info was on the county clerks page. The title wasn't necessary because the car was already titled/registered in NY. It took a week or so to get the renewal. I enclosed a check for the fees, but the website calculator was incorrect, so the clerk at the county DMV Office called me and I gave him a credit card number. They voided my check and mailed it back to me with the registration.

They (county DMV) do have appointments now to handle transactions, and it works well according to a friend who has used that system. I am in Rochester, BTW.

ttforcefed likes this.