RESEARCHING 599 | FerrariChat

RESEARCHING 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by vdm9, Dec 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    Hello
    I am starting to research the 599 for purchase.
    Is there a sticky with known issues/cautions/ what to look for?

Thank you
    any help is appreciated
    vasilios

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    No sticky but does the thread about three below this not help ? Several other similar

Skidkid likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    most cars will have sticky parts, very common. costs about $5k to redo all the sticky pieces in a 430, not sure about 599. stickyrx in upstate NY does a great job

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    disregard my post - i thought OP meant sticky buttons.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
  6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I read through every thread pertaining to 599 before I bought my car. It gave me some background on the model, common problems, rare problems, and helped me figure out what I liked and didn't like in particular cars. Worth taking the time to research.

Mor, 599_GTO and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    One thing I noticed today when checking prices which I haven’t done in six months. Prices seem to be going up a little. Back in March, there were quite a few in the low low 100’s and heard of one in the $90’s. Today, looking thru DuPont, there was only one that was sub $120K and most were above $128K. I know it changes regularly but this is the first time I’ve noticed a slightly upward trend.

8. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    An amazing car (best I have ever owned) and a reasonable price. Combine that with low production numbers and there is bound to be pressure on prices eventually.

9. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Hope so! I love mine and I think that there will come a time when the F1 V12 cars will be looked upon as an interesting point in Ferrari history and those cars with a good F1 implementation (like the 599) will be sought after

Skidkid likes this.
  10. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

i agree 100%. The last iteration of the F1 and the most perfected. At the end of the day its a manual with a bolt on servomechanism. Bullet proof, and a new servo isn’t a big deal. The DCT’s have yet to age, and I feel there may be some issues going forward with them.

George Vosburgh and Skidkid like this.