Reselling Ferraris | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Reselling Ferraris

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ferrarissold, Jul 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Personally, stories are ok when they are told to kids at bedtime but never when buying a Ferrari! I can see a poser audience for salvaged Ferrari’s maybe but not enthusiasts. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    you are better off buying wrecked ferraris and selling the parts.

anunakki likes this.
  3. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Better off buying DD and flipping, quicker easier money. As the price goes up buyers are less!

4. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I agree. Flip Civics, Camrys, and Accords all day long and make a mint!

5. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Good to see the OP back on here contributing...oh he hasn't...!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

(I wouldn't be so harsh if the OP was on here discussing...as the saying goes "there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers"...but if you aren't going to discuss...!!!)

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Whoever's not here, put up your hand

7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I usually start with the balance sheet and P&L!

:)

Matt

paulchua likes this.
  8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Matt, I like your idea but four items can be a known but item five is a real crap shoot. No better than a probability of getting X for the car, so the delta of X is usually broad item which can be either a profit or a big loss. Especially true when working with a damaged F car and likely a salvage title. As others have said the purchaser has no idea how well the repairs were completed or if all repairs were completed. If the purchaser later goes to sell the car, the then the new prospective buyers are really in the dark so their risk is even greater. This is a business where the risk reward ratio does not appear to be very reasonable to be a viable venture. IMO

paulchua likes this.
  9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I think you guys just scared him away. OP, we are a friendly bunch, but bad ideas tend to not go over too well on here. There are a few people who bought salvaged cars (check 360/430 area) for various reasons, with very different reactions from this forum. One person showed his skill at rebuilding his car (and was met with admiration), the other his misunderstanding of a Ferrari buyer, and that they do not differ from a Jeep Wrangler buyer when it comes to salvaged title cars. They do, which is why your idea was met with a less than welcoming responses. My advise try, Jeep Wranglers

paulchua likes this.