Ressurection of a smashed Ferrari F40 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ressurection of a smashed Ferrari F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by SED, Feb 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I tried an online translator the last time I looked at that site. I believe he bought the wreck for 850DM.

Total cost to fix is quite a bit, but he owns a Ferrari repair center from the looks of it, so I'm sure he has an inside line on parts, and like the rest of us, doesn't pay himself for labor.

Ed

2. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Incredible and inspiring. Hats off to the owner for persevering and doing such an amazing restoration.

3. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    The DM amount mentioned at the beginning is 850,000 which was the established official cost of repair for the insurance company, i.ow., it was totalled economically.

No idea what he paid for the wreck though.

He definitely knows his way around Ferrariland as somewhere he mentions that the new parts from Italy had arrived where these would normally come from Ferrari Germany.

Jack

4. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I absolutely enjoyed that slideshow...makes me happy when I see a supercar back on the road again!!

5. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    very cool

6. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I stand corrected. There is one car on this planet that I would buy with a salvage history.

They are rarely fixed with that type of skill and detail.

The mechanical skill of the Germans amazes me. That's it, I'm buying a 996TT.

7. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Believe it or not, there are a lot of people out there in the rebuilder industry that repair cars to that standard. Anything with that much documentation behind it is ok in my book.

Heck, half the Confederate Air Force was drug out of lakebeds, ice caps, or swamps and were rebuilt to be safe to fly. Hard to fault that.

Ed