Restaurants | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Restaurants

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by VWH3RD, Jul 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    And if you elect to go underground.....I can make recommendation for that too....but it's often by "invite only".

2. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    The VIP room at the Crowbar will set you back some money (if you can get in).

3. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Schackman and Erik:
    Have you guys been to Crobar since it re-opened...a lot like the one in Miami; I like the feel of the darker Crobar better. Let me know if you need a hook-up for the vip room.

4. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    I was there in the early days...........if you can call it that.

After I went there, I heard they did close the doors for a while, I think????

Its been ( I think ) Maybe 6-7 years ago.......before wife and children.

Ohhhhh the "old times" !!!! with no care in the world, and limited resposibility !

5. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Hey there Mike.....

On a side note Arron will be picking up my Lambo tommorrowfor service.

Might come up just too check your place out. Will you be in Thursday?

[email protected]

6. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Schackman, I'll be here all day Thurs; look forward to seeing you!

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Fon da LaTour in Oakbrook is now Reza's Restaraunt. Serving mostly Mediteranian Cuisine. Haven't checked it out yet. MikeFVM,have you yet? It's right there by you....

Also,a New Restaraunt almost right next door ,East,on Butterfield Rd. Called "Redstone". Still need to check that one out,too....:) But,I will.....:) But,not tonite. Got another batch of Fat Free Ribs marinating in my Fridge since yesterday,headed for my Grill......

8. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Frank, Reza's hasn't open yet; Redstone is pretty good.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks! I'll be checking them out....:)

10. Timothy

Timothy Rookie

Jul 15, 2004
    St. Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Timothy C. Smith
    If you want to go as far west as Naperville, try 10 West. Wonderful, creative food, great wine list. Just got listed as one of the top 20 new restaurants in Chicago by Chicago Magazine, and got 3 stars from the Tribune. I'm biased, however, since I own it. Tell them Tim sent you--Randy (GM) and Patrick (chef) will take care of you.

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Blackbird on Randolph is excellent,great food and a place "to see and be seen" in Chicago restaurant scene.

12. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    chophouse doesn't have porterhouses.. i don't think

13. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I had agreat time in Chicago! The golf was fantastic and the dinner and Gene and Gorgetti's was great.

We spent the night roaming Rush and Divison street bars. That block was hopping and the people were friendly.

I saw a yellow Murcielago and about 3 360 Spiders in just ablock or two.

Great City!!

Vernon

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Wanna hear something funny? When my Brothers visit Chicago,(From Scottsdale and Phoenix,Arizona) They have plenty of "Fine Dining" out there. So,they want Chicago Style Hot Dogs,Beef Sandwiches,Combo's,Chicago Pizza,from a few different places,White Castle,(Fresh,not Frozen),and a few other "Local Favorites"

And,when I go out there,It's Sonic,Jack in the Box,and a few BBQ places,(Alice Cooperstown,BBQ Company) And,assorted Steak joints along Scottsdale Rd....:)

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When I visit Chicago, the two "must-goes" are Portillo's for great hot dogs (I prefer the one in Elmhurst, which has a '50s-diner look) and Gino's East for the best Chicago-style pizza (usually the one in Rolling Meadows).

16. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    pizza=unos

meat and a huge meal=fogo de chao

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Gino's East is about 2 miles from me.

Next time you're in town let me know.

18. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Glad that you enjoyed Gene and Georgetti's.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Hey,I am about 2 Miles due South of that Elmhurst Portillo's. Next time you come up,post on FChat,and I'll meet up with you...not that I always Need an excuse to visit Portillo's,that is...:)

AND....I can show you some EVEN BETTER Hot Dogs,and Pizza....:) I love Portillo's,too. Don't get me wrong...:)

20. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Devil Dog in Schaumburg is darn good.

21. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I agree that Portillos is the place to go, ( I actually prefer their cheeseburgers... oh man Im hungry right now. ) But if many of our Chicago area Fchatters are familiar with the city they definitely know of this hot dog stand... SUPERDAWG

Located on Devon and Milwaukee, its been featured in a few television shows and might be a Chicago landmark due to the neat guy and gal hot dog statues blinking and winking their neon eyes.

Its one of the few places which is the classic drive in: where you talk to a call box and a friendly waitress comes out and places your meal on a tray that attaches to the windshield.

Would love to see a McLaren or Enzo there one day, but doubt either could clear that crazy city curb.

RocketBoy

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh Yes,Superdawg is good.

I know one of the owners of a local,West Suburban Hot Dog Chain called "Mickeys". The original is on Mannheim Rd.,about 1/2 mile North of I-290,in Bellwood. Another is in Villa Park on St.Charles Rd.,between Ardmore and Addison Roads. Not sure where anymore are....These are THE BEST Hot Dogs that I have EVER had! Hands Down! (and,I have had ALOT of HotDogs all over the Chicagoland area...and the Country) And,the Fries that come with them....:) Unbelievable! Everything they have there is great. Beef sandwiches,and the BEST Sloppy Joe's too! Every time I get out of town visitors,I take them there. They are left "in awe....." :)

Plus,don't forget "Jimmy's Red Hots" at Grand and Pulaski....Mmmmmmmm!!!! :)

23. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    No list of classic hot dog joints is complete without Gene & Jude's, at Grand & River Road. It is a testament to their fare that the ONLY things on their menu are: (1) hot dogs, (2) fries, (3) tamales, and (4) drinks. No cheeseburgers, no pizza puffs, no nuthin' else. And they still get lines out the door.

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh YEAHHHHH!!!!!! :) I forgot about Gene and Judes. Man,I spent ALOT of time at the Old Thirsty Whale ,next door at Grand & River Rds. (Now gone) in the 1980's. And,eating at Gene and Judes was standard procedure to help soak up all of that Beer! Great Dogs!