RESTOMODS | FerrariChat

RESTOMODS

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Jon Von Bon, Apr 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    For about the last two years I had set about looking for a FF. Black Couio combo, Pan roof etc... then I moved to looking for a 488.
    I called off the search to instead have a classic car built my way. I bought a 1966 chevelle SS which I had the shop build it with a Ls3, a 6 spd auto trans and a few good drive train mods. Flip switch sequence, electronic cut outs and stock interior etc... the problem was I was going half way...

I’ve decided to go full bore so it is back in the shop and I am having it mini tubbed, order a roadster Chassis, LS9 with some ligenfelter add ons, ceramic vette brakes, independent rear suspension, basically a slammed Z71 Vette with a 66chevelle chassis. I am going with a Marina Blue deep pearl paint with a with white top and Black rear valance. Alligator couio interior and I haven’t decided how the dash is going to look, but I’m thinking a highly customized “pod type” dash cluster and steel finish across the passenger side.

I have a few friends with some great restomod stuff.

Are there any other restomod fans on the board and can you show us what you have?

2. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have always wondered, if you aren't the original builder/buyer of one of these, who do you take such highly customized cars to for servicing? How do you chase down issues? I was looking at a Datsun 240z that had this sort of treatment and started wondering how practical the ownership experience would be if you don't know everything that was done in the build.

3. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff

4. 356racing

356racing Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ