Results from Paris 2/2/22 and 3/2/22 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Results from Paris 2/2/22 and 3/2/22

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by PBE624, Feb 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    did the daytona sell?

2. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    RM website shows 522kEuros ($597k)

I think to the right buyer it might be worth more than that; clearly it needs a lot of TLC, but at the same time, it looked like it might be nicely original...

375+ likes this.
  3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Having been driven/used less than 3K kms in 46 years, even if practical/reliable usage is the goal for new owner(s), I wouldn’t be surprised if she’ll be needing more than just “a lot of TLC”.
    And should their aspirations be directed toward today’s show expectations/standards, probably A WHOLE LOT MORE.

4. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    No doubt it will need work, but again, if it really is largely untouched in all those years, then one has the upside of possibly having a lot of evidence regarding how it left the factory.

Of course, it is unfortunate that it has been repainted (no longer really a preservation candidate), and without seeing the underside, it is hard to know how much of a rabbit hole it might be.

Personally, I'm not as afraid of cars that have been sitting a long time as most folks are. Given how few miles people often put on these cars, even cars that have not been sitting, really have often effectively been sitting. Or put another way, I have my doubts about "it has been used" implying that a car is going to need a lot less work than one that has been "static" and avoided decades of indifferent treatment.

All that said, yes, I agree that car is unlikely to be a "bargain"; just meant to say that I would not have been surprised if it had gone for a little more; all depends on what the reality of the car is (as opposed to impression of the curated pictures).