Retro race car exhaust sound | FerrariChat

Retro race car exhaust sound

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Frank_C, Apr 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #1 Frank_C, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2020
    I love this sound- brings me back to my youth and the old movies and sound I associate with a Ferrari race car:

I haven’t heard a straight piped 812. All the various largo-d, caprisro-d, kline-d et al exhaust mods all seem to accentuate the high pitched shrill, none have that retro race car tone. (I know it is the sum of the parts) but does one specific mod make that more guttural tone?The no cats? The custom headers? The no silencers?

Since I don’t really street my 812 and mainly “momentum” track it (I live an hour from MSR Houston) I’d love to get that retro race car tone and not void my warranty.

My dot 1 GT3RS is getting a cage, seats and side muffler deletes as we speak. Now that COTA is cancelled I’ve got the 8 weeks of down time to look into a full cat back exhaust for it. (Talk about exhaust mod insanity- I’ve only heard the Dundon Crack pipe and GMG center deletes.)

PS when I do DD it/them, I live in the country and when driving these cars at the posted speed limits you’re in 5th gear at 30 mph so noise is not a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mdrums likes this.
  2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I had a 348 turned into a racecar with a copy of the challenge tube exhaust. The sound was glorious!

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Here's an oldie but still is GREAT!

NuorderSG and mdrums like this.
  4. spark123

spark123 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 25, 2010
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi
    550 with straight pipes.....what a fabulous sound!!! I had a Larini muffler
    and braden cross over pipe but nothing that sounded
    like that!

5. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Screaming along in too low a gear, that's gonna get old fast.