Return of MM | FerrariChat

Return of MM

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Sep 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I think it was the gracious acknowledgment in the "MM had a baby thread" (congrats by the way!!), but it appears that MM is slowly getting sucked back into our little slice of heaven here.

3 or 4 new posts.....

Welcome back MM!

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I second the motion, he is truly missed.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Infidels run and hide form the Mighty Maranelloman!

4. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I was thinking about starting a similar thread, but I didn't want to jump to the conclusion.

Welcome back Dave!

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #5 FarmerDave, Sep 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    #6 coolestkidever, Sep 25, 2005
  7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #7 MarkPDX, Sep 25, 2005
  8. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    #8 GoFerrari28, Sep 25, 2005
  9. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Welcome back Dave.

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #10 WJHMH, Sep 25, 2005
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Things haven't been that bad lately, so if Art, Rivee, Dave, and crowd run amuck we at least have a direct correlation. :)

Someone find me the posts.

"I will never return again!"

"Yes you will, just like after every other drama queen exit."

Congrats Dave! Great news, the kid that is.

12. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #12 TexasMike, Sep 25, 2005
  13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #13 Sfumato, Sep 25, 2005
  14. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Man, I never noticed he went away??

Last time I saw him was in the rear view mirror of a black Lexus SC300.

Something must have been wrong with that 550...

15. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Classy post Rob...

16. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Yep, Was thinking the same thing. Rob are you gloating that Dave could not stay away from your site? Are you saying that those of us arguing do it because of Dave? Might have expected this post from our legal beagle, but not from you

17. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i hope he comes back as well. not always in agreement w/ dave, but i like him and consider him a charter member of this site.

congrats on the birth of your child dave.

pcb

18. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    The bikini thread need you Dave, glad you are back :)

19. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    who is this MM ?? do you need me to knock him down a few notches ??? say the word and i will create chaos....... no one messes with kitty ........

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sorry if I haven't been clear in the past or clear now. MM has been welcome to return since he left as he did nothing to receive a perm ban. However, it is my personal opinion that the overall community is better without his flame wars, repeat image postings, and participation in gang bullying. Dave is very well aware I have this opinion of his online persona, but like him as well as anyone else that knows him in person. Let me qualify that I don't think MM is the worst of FerrariChat.com user problems and if he could just control 5% of his posts, then MM would flip in my opinion to one of the most value adding and respected members of our community. I completely understand if other users don't have the same opinion, because you mainly see the 95% of his good posts and the 5% probably don't bother you as bad. However, as administrator I have to concentrate on those 5% of posts because those are the ones that cause the most problems. They are diseased and very infectious, without those posts the karma and quality of the overall community is much higher.

If Dave is still going to have those meltdowns now and then, I really don't want him or the users that get involved to be around. MM isn't the only user I get nervous about and I know will cross the line, there are dozens. Like MM, none of them are banned and are free to post, but I wouldn't loose sleep if they didn't.

Fact is MM said he would never post again, I said at the time it was just a drama ploy by him and that he would return. I welcome Dave back with open arms if he has matured his online persona. Prove me wrong, then I can be the one looking bad and wrong. :)

21. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    rob, you love me dont you. you look forward to see what im gonna post next. i bet as bad as some of the suff is that i post you laugh your butt off, dont denye it... i love you too . xoxoxoxoxoxo
    and im still waiting to become mod of the secret room.......

22. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Rob, some may think you already are the one looking bad. MM is a class act - your posts demonstrate a lack of class. Who really cares if you welcome him back with open arms? Your community members already have. In fact, they started a thread welcoming MM back and then you post this crap above and below. Real classy, real mature.

Look at the sentiment - you are way out of line. You perhaps should heed your own advice and "mature your own persona." You have taken MM way too personally. You mishandled the MM situation to begin with and now you are compounding your mistake with an unprovoked attack. You might want to consider turning the page. The consensus on this board is that MM is a positive for this community. He is and always has been well liked by most but you and few liberal extremists. :)

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will always look bad to some when I have to make the tough decisions. It's part of the job. Even the biggest trolls have their fan clubs. MM isn't one of the biggest trolls, so his fan club is even larger.

What do you really know about my class? If I was without class do you think FerrariChat.com would be where it is today? Do you think my life would be where it is today? Would Maranelloman and I not be friends? I can't think of any enemies I have besides a crazy mechanic in Houston that hates the world anyway, wouldn't I have more enemies? Maybe your blind post tells a little more about class and who has it.

Come on, use some brain cells for once. There are 21,000 users. MM has a HUGE fan club. That doesn't mean the entire community wants his flame wars and attacks back. Who won the voting for 2004 Troll of the Year? I already said I would be happy if MM returned without his online persona that disrupts the community. I would be happy if several dozen other users could refrain from that immature behavior too, including you.

You are way out of line. I'm doing what's best for the overall community. You are doing what's best for a minority of like minded aggressive bullies.

I handled MM perfectly, he was never permanently banned, he chose to leave and the result was a much better behaved community in his absence.

That is how little you know. Dave and I go back at least 4 years. I like Dave a bunch, he is a great fun guy and a hell of a driver. However, I don't like his MM online persona sometimes, just like I don't like Art, TVR, you, or Rivee either when getting in those flame wars.

I talked to MM offline yesterday, if you want to talk, then PM me. You are now on notice there will be zero tolerance for your attacks.

24. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I don't like his MM online persona sometimes, just like I don't like Art, TVR, you, or Rivee either when getting in those flame wars."

HEY ROB...THANKS FOR NOT INCLUDING PAT AND I IN YOUR "DONT LIKE" LIST

I HAVE TO IMPROVE ON THAT NOW!! :)

BRUCE