Returning to the States and in the Market! | FerrariChat

Returning to the States and in the Market!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CogitoErgoZoom, Apr 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CogitoErgoZoom

CogitoErgoZoom Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2012
    Caves of Altamira
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hello all,

After a long stint living and working in Singapore, I'll be returning to the States this summer and most likely entering the world of Ferrari ownership. "Normal" cars, much less Ferraris, are insanely expensive in Singapore, so 10+ years of deprivation and pent up demand is driving this slightly irrational decision! The good news is that my time here has been good to me so I'm finally at a place and time in my life where this is a realistic dream, if only just. :)

I had originally been looking at picking up a nice example of a F430, but I've slowly been 'sold' on the CS in part due to the passionate (cult-like?) following the car has with the cognoscenti. I've fallen in love with the hard-edged, purist quality of the car but it looks like my timing couldn't be worse though with just a few cars on the market right now!

I'm also a very passionate F1 fan, right down to my completely tired by now, daily worn Schumacher-edition Speedmaster I bought years ago! I've watched nearly every race for about the last 20 years. I've attended Grands Prix in Malaysia, Singapore, and Japan and later this year in the U.S. for the first time in my hometown of Austin, which I'm very proud and excited about.

That's about it. Looking forward to enjoying and contributing to the site where I can.

Cog

2. alexford

alexford Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Simi Valley, Ca., US
    Full Name:
    Alex Ford
    Austin is a great city. Ferrari is a great car. Welcome. -- Zioo, Simi Valley, Ca.

3. CogitoErgoZoom

Apr 20, 2012
    Caves of Altamira
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks for the welcome, Alex. I hope to combine the two in the very near future.

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Welcome to Ferrarichat, I'm originally from Austin but I go to school in Phoenix.

My first Ferrari ride was in a CS and it was incredible, lots of fun and it sounds amazing!

Hope to meet you one of these days, good luck on your purchase! :)

5. CogitoErgoZoom

Apr 20, 2012
    Caves of Altamira
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Cheers, buddy. Same to you as well.