News

RHD 250 GTE

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Broker279, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Broker279

Broker279 Rookie

Aug 24, 2016
    I am looking to find a RHD series 1 250 GTE. Can anyone tell me how many of these may still exist and maybe point me in the right direction to locate one.

2. TTR

TTR Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    If you're looking to buy, perhaps you should subscribe and place an "wanted" ad in appropriate forum section ?
    Mods ?

3. 635CSI

635CSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Just a quick tuppence worth.

Is it worth paying a premia for RHD? By modern standards the GTE is a narrow car (with good all round viability) and so a LHD example is far easier to drive on the left than a wrong handed modern sports car.

4. Broker279

Broker279 Rookie

Aug 24, 2016
    My thoughts are that there are so few RHD S1's remaining poss single figures, so this should be a good investment for the future. I hear most were converted and know only 40 some RHD's across all 3 series were produced. Guessing therefore perhaps only 15 Series 1's? If my maths is correct that would leave only a handful left. I understand the price will reflect that and I do live in UK and would drive it so hence the hunt goes on. Not found one yet though! Gotta be a series one as I thinks it's the most classically and beautifully styled of the 3 with the individual rear light arrangement.

5. His best

His best Rookie

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marco ciuffetelli
    Only single figures left

6. fiatosca

fiatosca Karting

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    Exterior of Series 1 and 2 were identical. Only slight difference to lower dash above shifter. Exterior changes came with Series 3.

Incidentally I own a RHD GTE but it is not for sale!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. His best

His best Rookie

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marco ciuffetelli
    Did you ever find one ?