RHD 250 GTE | FerrariChat

RHD 250 GTE

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Broker279, Aug 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Broker279

Broker279 Rookie

Aug 24, 2016
    I am looking to find a RHD series 1 250 GTE. Can anyone tell me how many of these may still exist and maybe point me in the right direction to locate one.

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    If you're looking to buy, perhaps you should subscribe and place an "wanted" ad in appropriate forum section ?
    Mods ?

3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Just a quick tuppence worth.

Is it worth paying a premia for RHD? By modern standards the GTE is a narrow car (with good all round viability) and so a LHD example is far easier to drive on the left than a wrong handed modern sports car.

4. Broker279

Broker279 Rookie

Aug 24, 2016
    My thoughts are that there are so few RHD S1's remaining poss single figures, so this should be a good investment for the future. I hear most were converted and know only 40 some RHD's across all 3 series were produced. Guessing therefore perhaps only 15 Series 1's? If my maths is correct that would leave only a handful left. I understand the price will reflect that and I do live in UK and would drive it so hence the hunt goes on. Not found one yet though! Gotta be a series one as I thinks it's the most classically and beautifully styled of the 3 with the individual rear light arrangement.

5. His best

His best Rookie

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marco ciuffetelli
    Only single figures left

6. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    Exterior of Series 1 and 2 were identical. Only slight difference to lower dash above shifter. Exterior changes came with Series 3.

Incidentally I own a RHD GTE but it is not for sale!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. His best

His best Rookie

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marco ciuffetelli
    Did you ever find one ?