RHD Ferrari F50 in Hong Kong | Page 2 | FerrariChat

RHD Ferrari F50 in Hong Kong

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by IcyJ, Jan 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dream Super Cars Ltd

Feb 3, 2012
    High Wycombe UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew Grayburn
    I do have pictures of the car when I owned it but I have now sold it to a client of mine in Hong Kong.

I contacted the factory to confirm factory RHD because to register the car in Hong Kong the car can not be a convert ion must be factory.

2. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Incorrect. It may well have been ordered through official channels; but Pininfarina did the conversion, not the factory.

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Perhaps the distinction is that whilst the car was indeed factory ordered as you say, Ferrari SpA subbed the work out to Pininfarina who did the RHD conversion.

FWIW Marcel is rarely if ever wrong! The rest of us, you just take your chances :)

Either way a very cool car you sold!

4. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    + 1

I'd really be interested to see pictures when you owned it. Post them up

5. mjharrisonnz

mjharrisonnz Rookie

Feb 13, 2007
    Napier, New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matthew Harrison
    I was in the UK in early 2011 to purchase a F40 to export back to New Zealand. Whilst looking at a F40 at Dick Lovett Ferrari in Swindon I also looked at a RHD F50 they had for sale in their showroom. It was a Sultan car.

The conversion certainly looked OK, but you could definitely see it was a conversion as opposed to a factory build. I have some pictures somewhere and will try and post them up.

Could it be the same car as the HK one? It seems a coincidence that both were sold in early 2011.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing a F40 (83088) from DK Engineering. Loving it.....

6. mjharrisonnz

mjharrisonnz Rookie

Feb 13, 2007
    Napier, New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matthew Harrison
    #31 mjharrisonnz, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK - found the picture. Unfortunately it's not very good and has no chassis number shown. The RHD car is on the right hand side.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. mjharrisonnz

mjharrisonnz Rookie

Feb 13, 2007
    Napier, New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matthew Harrison
    #32 mjharrisonnz, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. YearOne

YearOne Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Henry Fletcher
    I believe you can't have a LHD in India, not that you would want to venture out onto the crazy roads in your F50:)

9. alisuper

alisuper Rookie

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    ali
    Hey Andrew, how did you bought the car?, do you have contacts with the sultan of Brunei?, if you have please let me know because I'm in buying one his cars.

10. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I hate driving LHD cars in the UK, to me a RHD f50 is attractive but I agree that these cars have become investments now