rice to testify after all...bet thats a hi ratings show.. | FerrariChat

rice to testify after all...bet thats a hi ratings show..

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ross, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    She'll get up there and ...spin....spin....spin....for her boss, that's what!!

We pulled a lot of dead people out from under crushed concrete, bro...

Nobody wants the blame for sleeping on the job, but obviously someone was!!!

Speedy"Still playing the Dixie Chicks"308

I guess Bruce Robison and I have a lot in common, ("Travelin' Soldier").

3. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    ya imagine if she was honest and just told the truth to what was going on at the time.

4. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Nails on a chalk board.

Luke.

5. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Is this just a big waste of my tax money?! I am sorry, but did we not elect these so called officials and representatives to do actual work and represent the people who elected them.

I do not know anybody who actually cares about this and believes its out come will change anything. Could we have prevented it, could we have done anything about it, could we put bologne and ham together for a sandwich. None of it matters. All that matters is someone decided to hit us, and we needed to hit back, hard. You can not stop a bully, you can only delay his actions until his compadres see what we can and will do.

I will get off my soap box now.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well said Joe.

All the CYA in the country won't change a thing that happened that day.

This is all about the election now, and side stepping blame and culpability.

7. Redline Drift

Redline Drift Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
  8. ART360

ART360 Guest

It's about time. I just hope that they use her prior statements on the various shows, and make her explain them, using the various uncontroverted data that they have. I understand her position, but this x-exam is no time to show her any respect. We need answers, and she's in a position to provide them, and if that calls for some strong x-examination, so be it. I'd pay to be able to do the x-exam of her for about 10 minutes, provided she was instructed to answer the questions, as she would in a court of law.

Art

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    one thing i am pretty sure of is that no matter what she is asked, and no matter what she answers, the first 7 posters after me, and the rest of the media and talking heads, will proclaim that she was molly coddled, she withheld info etcetc. but i may be wrong.

10. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Well, you can't change the past. But you can try to understand it and take lessons from it and apply them to the present and future. What was wrong with the interagency communications that allowed wanted terrorists to enter the country and live openly in San Diego and Florida? Why were the warning bells about their flying lessons ignored/quashed/not given enough importance/followed up on? How can that be fixed? Emergency relief systems? Crisis management procedures? Preparedness for CBN? Traffic management? Retaliation for the strikes? Flight interception procedures. Apprehension of the masterminds. Communications channels to allies, partners, enemies, etc., etc. We can learn and apply a lot of lessons to both tactical and strategic initiatives that we had in place before, and have since implemented or intend to.

Plus, the fixation on Iraq and how it ties into the war on terror, as it clearly does for the Bush camp. Perhaps she can explain that.

11. pots

pots Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    new jersey
    Full Name:
    Pots...Mr. Pots
    No Ross, you are correct...Sad and pathetic as it may be.

12. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    So we shouldnt spend tax dollars to find out who knew what, who is or was lying about situations back then? But it was ok to spend 90 million plus to see if the president was getting a blow job under the desk? Hmm that pertains to a lot of people, that has affected millions (sarcasm). Which would you rather spend the money on to find out the truth and get to the real facts so we can try to prevent such horrors again? Thousands died how can you say no one cares about them getting to the truth if at all possible? MOst likely they will still cover things up or not tell the truth.

13. formula1joe

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I know we can learn from the past, but we all know nothing ever comes out of congressional meetings but alot of hot air. Yeah, they tried to impeach Clinton for getting a BJ, but it was because he lied about it. Who wouldn't lie about getting something from that girl to the nation. I am not a Clinton fan, but even I felt bad for him being dragged through the mud on that one.

I don't see a problem with sharing of intel, but the U.S. governement itself has become this giant machine that the does not let the left hand talk to the right hand, even if it wanted to. I have friends who work for the government, and they are always complaining to get anything done needs an act of god and then they have missed their oppurtunity to do anything about situations. So we can have endless meetings upon meeting of different cabinets, committees, and the like, but until the red tape is removed and people understand their privacy is not being invaded to save someone's life, nothing can improve.

I see it everyday in the businesses I review, they get assessments because the government told them they had to have one. Once they receive it back, it is filed and not looked at until next year's assessment has to be done. I guess what I am trying to say is until you educate the public on threats and terrorism, nothing can change.

Could the goverment stopped 9-11, maybe if individuals noticed what was going on around them. Why is my neighbor down the street always home, drives a nice car, and seems not to have a job? Why am I giving flight instructions to a person who wants to fly a commercial jet so badly? I am not one for ratting people out, but I had one of my own neighbors looked at last summer because his ours were suspicious he kept, he never had garbage, nor mail, and kept his car out side, and for furniture in the living room - lawn furniture. Come to find out he was cooking meth in his basement. Did the government know anything about that, not until I called to have him looked at.

I am not trying to rant here, but to think something positive will come out of a congressional hearing that will help change the way America does what it does has about the same odds of me winning the lottery. It could happen, but with all the open ended questions and answers, I am going to save my dollar tonight.

14. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Some good points, but if you lose hope, the situation becomes hopeless. I think there will be a lot of hot air from both sides too, but it would still be beneficial.

And technology today, once implemented right, can overcome many of the hurdles and inherent barriers in bureaucracy. A computer does not get bored with meticulously combing through immigration records, criminal history, finding patterns, etc. And if it's set to notify a list of people, it does not get bored of sending out the notifications. If it's set to trigger an APB for an individual based on certain criteria, the APB will be sent out, along with supporting information.

Have some faith in the process and the system.

15. formula1joe

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    It is not that I don't have faith in the system, the system has worked many times, but for all those computers to work, someone has to program them. If that perosn does not care what they are working toward, then it was all for not. I just want people to uderstand the big picture. Their job or lifestyle may be mundane, but effects someone you do not know in ways one can not comprehend.

Not that this is a pipe dream, but there are alot of people who just want to push things off on to the governemt to handle and say they should deal with it. Maybe they should, but we all have our part to play in the scheme of things.

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Clinton's impeachment had absolutely nothing to do with BJ's.