Riddles | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Riddles

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by VROOM!!!, Jul 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    The guards are european.
    How does that help? ;)

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I don't know!

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Scroll to the bottom, it's 24 mph.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Didn't you see Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

DL

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Depends on your definition of "swallow."

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've seen it on another forum. IIRC its confusing, it took me like 10 mins just to work it out

7. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Well, you got the question right("If I were to ask the other guard, which door would he say leads to freedom?"), HOWEVER, you'd be going back into the dungeon because you should have choosen the door OPPOSITE of what the guard says. Tough luck ;)

edit: A neat twist to put on this riddle is to make it so you can only ask "yes or no" questions.

-DC

8. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Huh? I-- I don't know that. Auuuuuuuugh!

9. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  10. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

11. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

http://www.braingle.com

Enjoy.

12. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Thanks for the link, EOS.

Via Braingle:

Three Paley brothers and three Thomson brothers operate a company that manufactures lie detectors. Three of these six men always tell the truth, and three always tell lies; neither set of brothers consists exclusively of liars. Some recent statements from the six men are recorded below. Can you find the six men's full names, and tell which men tell the truth and which tell lies?

1. Alan: "Both my brothers tell lies."
    2. Boris: "Both my brothers tell the truth."
    3: Chuck: "Alan and Boris are both liars."
    4. Dalman: "Chuck and I are brothers."
    5. Edwin: "Boris and I are brothers."
    6. Finney: "Edwin tells the truth."
    7. Finney: "Boris is one of the Paleys."

13. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Alan, Boris and Edwin are the three Thomson brothers. Chuck, Finny and Dalman are the Paley brothers. Alan, Boris and Finney are the liars. Chuck, Edwin and Dalman tell the truth.

/edit/ Oh yeah, it took um. About 4 songs on the radio, so I'd guess 13 minutes or so.

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

haha, i beat you both :p

15. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ok, read this slowly and think about one guard at a time.
    If I asked the truth guard, "what will the other guard say if I ask him, which door leads further into the dungeon?" He would say the freedom door. {Now think, if I asked the liar that, he would say the freedom door, because it doesn't lead into the dungeon}

If I asked the liar the exact same question "what will the other guard say if I ask him, which door leads further into the dungeon?" The liar would say the freedom door. {If you ask the truth guard this directly, he would say dungeon, but remember the liar will reverse it, be cause he won't give a straight answer.}
    By asking what the other would say, you are sure of getting the same answer. It's the wrong answer, but you don't care about being lied to, you just want to find information, and using known facts about the guards is the key.
    www.queendom.com <<< A fun brainteaser/ IQ website.
    So my friend, you would spend a very long time in that jail.
    I'll keep your wife company!

16. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California

Well, you got me there, I overlooked something important in your question. In your question, you said "...which door leads further into the dungeon". If you re-read my answer-question above, I say "...which door leads to freedom". In your case, you choose the door that the guard says, in my case, you choose the opposite door. I guess we'd both have made it out in one peice, so I'll be taking my wife back, thank you for keeping her warm ;)

queendom.com is a nice link, I've come across it before, but couldn't recall the exact URL. Did I mention I'm in MENSA? :)

-DC

17. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    MENSA is for those who need to stroke their own egos. sure, it is nice to be around like minded individuals, but why would you want to be? after all, the challenge of dealing with the common man is challenge enough. far more difficult than any riddle we could solve. god bless NASCAR.

18. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California

Well, there are a lot of people who believe that a man is a product of his environment. Taking this POV, it would be easy to assume that if you spend too much time with a "common man", you may become one! :D

Seriously though, MENSA is nice because it allows an allocated time to philosophize, and have good conversations, but more importantly, make contacts. I can tell you, there are plenty of members who are worth meeting ;)

-DC

19. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I could not imagine a worse collection of social misfits than the wankers that would be found at a Mensa meeting (no offense to wankers intended).

20. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    1 page and 33 minutes. Damn, I'm the slowest. :) Proud that I made it!! :) All comes easy when you have the right order for the houses.

21. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I didnt think this thread would be more then a page long but i guessed wronge. Keep the riddles going guys, this is cool!

22. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Mensa eh?
    Reading isn't a requirement?
    Heheheh, don't you guys have a special website or meeting places? Where you decide how the world is to be run?
    How would one get into that group? I'm just wondering.

23. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    http://www.us.mensa.org/ is the US website. As for admittance, you'd have to go to the website, look up your regional chapter, and give them a call and schedule and appt. for testing. There are two tests administered, and you must score in the 98th percentile on at least one of them to be considered. Well here, read for yourself: http://www.us.mensa.org/join_mensa/admissions.php3

-DC

24. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    My Latin teacher this year aced that test or whatever they do, I dont think i have ever respeceted a man more than him, to quote him, "I have forgotten more than you will ever remember." Genius.