RM Sotheby's Open Road auction | Page 2 | FerrariChat

RM Sotheby's Open Road auction

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 375+, Nov 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    furmano likes this.
  2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Well, I paid the UPS store in Ft. Wayne for second day delivery and here it is, the end of the delivery day and.....no item. The UPS store is full of incompetents and I’ll be suggesting to RM that they stop using them as a “preferred” shipper. I’ll request a refund of the difference between 2nd day and if they refuse I’ll be calling AmEx Platinum and disputing the charge.

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Ok, here’s the final installment.

The item arrived on Saturday (!) by UPS, only one day late, not three as I anticipated, so I decided not to risk any brain damage by arguing with the UPS Store in Ft. Wayne.

The packing was decent and there was no damage in shipping.

The item was actually better than described in RM’s on line catalogue. At age 45 it’s in virtually mint condition.

The auction assistants couldn’t have been more helpful.

Overall I’m happy with the experience and I think I paid a fair price.

4. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Good to hear. Waiting for my poster to arrive. This is easy compared to getting stuff from overseas. Lots of added fees and costs make the bargain not such a bargain.