News

Road and Track Dream Car for 2006

Discussion in '360/430' started by nberry, Dec 10, 2005.

1. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    What else? The 430 Spider. The competition involved all cars with a price tag over 100,000. I was unable to download the article.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Their selection doesn't suprise me.

4. WealthBuildR

WealthBuildR Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Seal Beach/Cypress
    Full Name:
    Wally Da Silva
    how did the Gallardo do? I would have thought that this would have made the number one spot?

5. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Why would you pick the Gallardo if you could have a Murcielago?

6. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Personal preference. I used to own a Murci, sold it and bought a Gallardo.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    how does the gallardo stack up to the murci as far as speed and handling in your expierence?

9. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Speed is quite close, handling is miles better in the Gallardo. The Gallardo is much more nimble, and the braking is far superior. The Gallardo is a much smaller car (in dimensions and weight) than the Murci, contributing greatly to the handling differences. The Murci has more power & torque, but also has additional weight. So, the differences in straight line speed are not as vast as one might think. The Gallardo will hold it's own in a straight line with the Murci, but on most road course race tracks, the Gallardo will turn faster lap times, which I discovered first hand. I think the Murci and Gallardo are both wonderful cars, but recently I found that I wanted something that was easier to drive & better handling, so I opted for the Gallardo. I have really enjoyed the car.