Roadkill Nights | FerrariChat

Roadkill Nights

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by PaulK, Aug 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Roadkill Nights is coming this weekend! It used to be a great TV show until they took it off YouTube and put it on their own site. I am sure its still a great show but I am not paying for it.

Anyone going to Roadkill Nights in Pontiac this weekend?

2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nobody going?! Come on!

3. c7matt

c7matt Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2016
    Greater Detroit, MI
    I would of loved to, I was at the first couple, family vacation (I did not schedule it) got in the way this year. How was it?

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Matt, sorry you couldn't make it. It was okay. I was only there for a short time as I had an ear infection and had to leave.
    The should would be great if you are into drag racing, which for me, I am not into that much. Still, it was cool just to have all these car events around... and that is in Pontiac.

5. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    i went. Parked the testarossa inside. people liked it.

6. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I saw your car there James! It looked good.

7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I subscribed to MotorTrend on Demand. It's great. so much beyond the "originals" (i.e. roadkill, etc). they're showing Monterey historic races live, they show all the velocity shows, they show European racing, they show the F1 weekend support races, they show WEC races live in their entirety. I like it. I don't think anyone can actually make it through all the car content they have, and for $50/year? seems like a no brainer. I cut the cable cord long ago, and I have little/no interest in ball sports.

they have archives and archives of footage. Want to watch group C racing from 1984? they have it... new rally, vintage rally, motorcycles, karting...it's crazy. And they add to it weekly.

I usually eat my lunch and fire up whatever they have going on. Here's what's on live this coming weekend so far.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Woodward content: I went to the 2nd and 3rd ones, way back when...and even though they moved long ago, my grandparents and parents were downriver Trenton people.

sjd

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am glad to hear that the content is extensive. At $50/yr that isn't bad. I didn't know it was that cheap. The only thing is though, is that I can't watch it on my TV like I can with Youtube.

9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    How do you watch youtube?

If you use your TV as a monitor and have a laptop with an HDMI out, it'll work fine.

I watch live on a tablet, as live only seems to come through the website. I watch the TV shows through my FireTV, which for some reason doesn't show the live feeds...or i'm not smart enough to have figured it out.

sjd

10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have a Samsung "smart" TV and there are apps for Youtube, Netflix, and HBO. It's not the most stable or fastest apps, but it makes watching them on the TV seamless. I supposed I could rig something up but its just a hassle. Its 2018- I want it now without having to work for it! :D

steved033 likes this.
  11. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    are you an amazon prime member? get a fire stick.

Virgin supercars from Australia and DTM coming up the 24th to the 26th.

sjd