Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 130 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Nay sayers take a knee for Stroll and start to show some respect. He finally has a competitive car and can show he can race when he has a proper car under him.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

william likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Stroll did good today. Consistency SHOULD follow from here on...no?

stavura, 375+, LVP488 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Wait a minute.

Today he did well better than Perez, fact and congratualtions to him.
    However, have you seen his overtakes??? Have you seen how far he was to Max Verstappen???

Anyone in the pink Mercedes would have done better than Stroll.

Bas likes this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Should help confidence. Its the race craft that we need to look for!!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Agreed.

6. DF1

No his race craft and past record do not automatically get a 'knee' at all. Over time in this car we will see. He had a good day today but he is not about to surpass his peers in skill. Norris is the benchmark. Sorry.

Bas and 375+ like this.
  7. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Not today, Lando was 13th Stroll was 4th and ahead of the other pink car in 7th. Credit where credit is due. He also made several nice passes. Today was Lance’s day, bringing him confidence, let’s see how Silverstone works out, I have high hopes for Racing Point on their home track.

Nuvolari and william like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So, after the HungarianGP 2020.

Perez 22pts
    Stroll . 18pts

375+ likes this.
  9. DF1

The team inside battle will be interesting. Perez needs to find out why he was dizzy lol

10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Finally Ferrari is there to make Stroll look good; he deserves the credit for not wasting this help.
    Maybe he decided to be prepared for Vettel's arrival in the team ;)

11. DF1

His new 'mentor' like Massa. We see how well he was treated lol

12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Yeah Stroll had a mechanical in the first race, after qualifying a tenth off Perez while Perez finished 6th.

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

We'll find out soon enough whether RP have broken the rules on development.

Pink Mercedes is fast !

14. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Don't be so sure...

I find it interesting that MB is silent the matter.

INMHO,... that certainly suggests that MB was at least willing to allow Tracing Point to copy their design.

Mercedes seems to be ambivalent.

I suspect an FIA whitewash...

stavura and Bas like this.
  15. DF1

The situation with Ferrari engine comes to mind. Yes we had ''issue' but we are not telling you. They have a precedent. Mercedes can say - well we look the other way with Clone Point and pretend it matters little, since FIA can engage and debate the entire issue. Deniability as you say.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 If so I am done with F1.

intrepidcva11, ago car nut and Bas like this.
  17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    But he didn't actually do anythingg...did he? Qualified well (granted), but after that what did he do? Gained a place due to poor start Bottas, lost place later to Max and bottas again...he just drove about in circles.

And that sums up Stroll. He's not a bad driver. But he doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. He just drives.

jcurry and 375+ like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I just saw the race as some friends said it was good (it wasn't). RP is using Mercedes IP and unless they stole it (which they didn't, otherwise Mercedes would've complained already), Mercedes is complacent. Whatever way you put it...it's cheating on both teams' side.

375+ and stavura like this.
  19. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Racing is a little like politics in that there will always be certain drivers and politicians that in the eyes of some will never be able to do right.

Stroll did well this weekend and generally outperformed his teammate. While he may never emerge as a once in a generation talent like Max appears to be, I continue to think that he has the capability to be both a race winner and possibly a world champion given the correct circumstances. Regardless of what you may think about the kid or his Dad the performances to date show a driver that is operating at the F1 level.

Latifi on the other hand was far less impressive this weekend and has his own thread to discuss this.

william, Schultz and tifosi12 like this.
  20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I dont see Lance becoming a WDC (well there was Keke Rosberg, so never say never) but I can see him winning a race. In fact hadn't they waited for rain all race long Bottas' undercut might not have worked and Lance would have scored his second podium yesterday.

He seems to have a knack for difficult/changing conditions. When others loose their cool (see Germany) he keeps on doing his laps. Consistency pays dividends.

william and Nuvolari like this.
  21. DF1

He is quite good at the lap exercise lol :) Stay on track and occasionally you might score some points or a podium. Winning and being a title contender will take some race craft and energy I dont see in him...........so far.

22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah, the love.

william likes this.
  23. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150741/perez-stroll-sr-wouldnt-kick-son-out-for-vettel

Sergio Perez says it is "obvious" who would leave Racing Point if the team does sign Sebastian Vettel for the 2021 season.

Four-time world champion Vettel is in talks with Racing Point over joining the team for next season after Ferrari opted against renewing his contract beyond this year.

Vettel confirmed that he is in "loose talks" with Racing Point, but said he has not signed any agreement with the team.

Racing Point currently has Perez and team-mate Lance Stroll under long-term contracts. Perez is currently in the first year of a three-year deal, but the team has refused to rule out both drivers staying on for 2021.

Stroll is the son of Racing Point owner Lawrence Stroll, making it likely that he would remain with the team for 2021 when it will be rebranded as Aston Martin.

Perez stressed last week that he had a valid contract for next season, but has conceded he would be likely to leave should Stroll Sr. opt to sign Vettel to partner his son.

"I think [the choice] is obvious if someone has to go," Perez said in an interview on Movistar+ F1.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

In some circumstances, driving around in circles in a good car may be enough to win if the others fight among thelselves, trash their cars, crash into each other whilst you keep your nose clean, don't get into any tangle, and just do your laps the faster you can and look after your car.
    That method could reward Stroll with a win one day, who knows?
    The public may want fights and plenty of overtakes in a race, but that's not the best recipe for winning.
    Getting pole, starting ahead, creating a cushion with the other cars and managing it all during the race is the best way I know to win.

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thanks for making my point. Stroll isn't racing. He's driving around, hoping for stuff to happen to others.

stavura and 375+ like this.