Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 180 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Seb the next victim of the 'team' lol :) Trainer, coach and car sales rep of Team Stroll!

2. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Well, spare a thought for Bottas then. He routinely beat his teammate at Williams (or rather: crushed), but going faster and getting better results in a much faster Mercedes now, he gets annihilated! Has his talent just disappeared? Same logic.

tifosi12 likes this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Don't even bother arguing with that "logic". Cause there isn't. The increase in results and accomplishments outweighs the increase in car performance. It's pretty obvious if you bother to actually look at the results through the years but hey, it's more fun to just bash the rich kid. Despite the fact that F1 insiders start to respect him.

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I think that the shift in perception (by those inside of F1) from rich kid to actually delivering and earning some respect is the most impressive thing. F1 insiders can be pretty stubborn and when you are typecast it is almost impossible to break out. This works both ways as some drivers stretch out their careers much longer than they should due to perception rather than results while others are never given a fair chance and tossed out early.

I'm sure my opinion will send the keyboard hero's in a rage but the reality is that those on the inside are see him as a solid mid-upper field driver with the added benefit of coming with sponsorship (sounds awfully familiar to Perez at a similar time in his career :D)

tifosi12 likes this.
  5. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yep. Same logic. No, I do not feel like Bottas is a better driver now, even though he is achieving better results in a better car. Just like Stroll.

See? We are in agreement!

Kevin

6. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The comments from his peers following his typical bone-headed moves do not agree with your assessment. They still think very little of him.

Kevin

Igor Ound likes this.
  7. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This increase in accomplishments outweighing the increase in car performance. How did you get there? How did you quantify this?

You seem to be indicating there is an objective performance boost by Stroll. Perhaps I am simply missing this. Please share!

Kevin

8. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Funny thing mentioning Perez' change in status indeed. Only a few seasons ago, he was the pay driver only in F1 because of Carlos Slim bringing in the cash. Now he has reached Hulkenberg-level of reverence where some fans think of his disappearance as a tragedy for the sport.

Nuvolari and tifosi12 like this.
  9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just look at the results. Before his run of bad luck he was temporarily 4th in the drivers' standing. He nailed a pole position and keeping a very good pace, also more aggressive at the starts. He used to just drive around but he is now fighting for positions and keeping the pace up. Just look at Turkey, leading the GP for half the time. Also occasionally beats Perez or comes very close to his times. None of this was happening in his times at Williams.

And again,that's not just me saying this, F1 insiders are starting to take him serious. Funny enough even in the video 375 put out here probably in an attempt to bash Lance halfway through it the commentator states that Lance is actually better than his reputation. Which is kinda my point.

william and Nuvolari like this.
  10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very good analogy. Both had years in F1. Perez currently drives at his best level ever but he is also getting up in years. At least he managed podiums and a victory. Unlike Hulk.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +18

added emphasis

12. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I would add from the top of my head Wurtz, Alesi, & Fisichella to your list.

tifosi12 likes this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, oh, somebody just spilled his morning coffee...

Terra and Nuvolari like this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Sincere question :
    Will next year’s racing point be a copy of the W11? That would be purely outrageous.

15. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    With the 2022 cars being all new designs I cannot imagine teams making an all new car for next year. Racing Point will likely just continue their development of their car making it over time more and more different to the Mercedes. A lot of loopholes in the rules have been closed up

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

It seems that Racing Point’s camera budget has increased substantially for next year.:D;)!

Nuvolari likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Sincere answer: Copying, 3d camera's have been banned....I believe it's listed parts only as opposed to non-listed parts.

Btw, listed parts have been updated.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That plus the fact that this season was so upside down: The teams had nothing to do till June and then basically spent every day on the road. There was little time to develop new cars from scratch. I would assume all 2021 cars are developments of the current chassis. Heck, they have barely time to put the finishing touches together: December is halfway done by the time they come home. Couple weeks of family time and then just a few weeks to get ready for the rollouts and functional tests in February.

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Only limited upgrades are allowed for 2022.

Of course this ensures another title for Merc....

subirg likes this.
  20. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Copying of the Tracing Point was, hate it or love it, well within the existing rules & exploiting the vagueness of listed parts. That is why they only received a slap on the wrist, because the lack of clarity of said rules allowed this situation to arise. I still think an updated W10 will be more competitive for RP than a Haas or Williams in 2021 :)

tifosi12 likes this.
  21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Most likely. They are allowed to use this years’ merc parts without spending any tokens

tifosi12 likes this.
  22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    cool

23. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed