Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Williams look to have a decent car for 2017,including the power units.They seem to be always short of sponsors,ok now they have Stroll backing but what they really need is top line drivers and proper backing.

Good luck to Lance,i think it will be either hero or zero with not a lot in between.

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If he ****s up and Williams refuse to keep building new chassis for him

3. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    I was only referring to how he does in F1. If what you say is true, he won't last.

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    yap...he was only able to beat 2 world champions with the same car, one former and the other current...no doubt he sucks big time....

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tks for bothering to set the record straight

Massa sucks

6. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Yes, just as J Villeneuve of 2005 was nowhere near as good a driver as J Villeneuve of 1997 (and even at his best, J Villeneuve was not very good in the wet), Massa of 2017, hell Massa of 2010+, is nowhere near as good a driver as Massa of 2008 was - and even at his best, Massa 2008 sucked in the wet.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Well, even sucking he was able to win races in the wet...( i'm glad he wasn't any good or he would have won every single race!!)...i know many that suck in the dry as well...

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    yes...he sucks at being a bad driver..too bad for the haters...

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can't wait to update the "Massa sucks" thread this year. What a nice tradition.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i'm sure it will be a nice way to vent your frustrations....

11. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Frustration? No, it will be fun! I left that thread alone last year out of respect for his retirement, even though he was thrashed all season long, again, by Bottas. Coming out of retirement after 3 weeks, though, means he's fair game! :D

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Good for you, it's nice to have a purpose in life...

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Over the hill "champ" has to come back from retirement to teach the young kid how to race.

Sounds familiar. Where have I seen this?

Ah, yes: the plot of Driven

14. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This thread is great. It's a one stop shop for the worst two drivers in F1 2017!

Seriously, how did Williams end up with these two jokers? Merc must be bank rolling them to recover the cost of the huge points shortfall that they will surely suffer this year.

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Can't blame Stroll. He's just picking up from where Massa left off in Brasil

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe he can follow in the footsteps of their last F1 winner Spain 2012 ..... Maldonado!

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ROFL

18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Williams look to Me to have made yet another low drag/high speed car in the hope of making up on the straights what they're loosing through the corners - A case of: "If we go fast enough down the straights then hopefully we won't be overtaken".

It's a nice enough looking car, but they have played things a bit safe!

As for Stroll: His two excursions off track have cost Williams valuable on-track time, and so far he has not been totally convincing.

The problem for Williams will be, if Stroll turns out to be useless in an F1 car, can they afford to offload him?

The first signs of trouble and I'm sure Daddy will be offering silly money to keep his little boy in F1!

19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ... that they have long lost their mojo and no longer can attract top people and really are field fillers.

If they ever win a race a huge amount of luck has to be involved. I don't understand how Frank can bare this as I thought this was not his character at all.

You can knock Ron Dennis all you like, but instead of being content with just being in F1 he took a huge risk with Honda and they tried to make a winner. Sure it failed miserably but IMO that is better than the sad situation of Williams that appear to be like an old boxer with little talent; just prepared to keep getting up again to receive another punch to the face.
    Pete

20. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Too soon to tell IMO. Sidenote: is there any video of the second crash where he put it in the wall? I've only been able to find the spin and gravel trap.

21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think we need to wait and see, sure, he hasn't covered himself in glory yet, but testing is testing, and he is getting to drive the new car and test its limits. I suspect if the same happened to Elton, vettel or kimi, we would be saying they were finding the limits (but probably should calm down). Verstappen managed to crash in a demonstration run before his first drive in f1, didn't work out too badly though did he.

I do have to agree with the more learned people here that he doesn't seem to be f1 quality yet from what we've seen, but I think we should really judge him after two or three actual race weekends to see if he has it in him to learn from the mistakes, or if he shows no brains and keeps up with the crashes.

As for massa, he is a shadow of the driver he once was, which is nature catching up with him, but he hasn't lost the ability to share his experience with the boy and although they won't need to slow down the footage to point out his lines anymore.... the kid will still learn from him IF he wants too

22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I agree with this. IMO the whole year will be trying for the rookie driver even though sims are way different than actually being on the track. Yes his dad is rich but only time will tell if the kid and more especially the dad have made a wise investment into F1/Williams.

Yes, Williams are in a "pickle" this year with both drivers.

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    ROFLMAO. Poor Massa :D
    Pete

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    In races they both finished during their time at Williams, Massa leads 23-22.

Thought that was interesting. Bottas was obviously better when you look at total points, podiums, etc. but I think Massa is a decent driver and will have no problem beating Stroll.