Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 218 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Still less punishment than the 30 second post race penalty Alonso got for a Mirror that Stroll caused.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep. Totally unacceptable.

Gasly also collected 2 penalty points for dropping 10 car lengths behind the SC...he lifted right as the rest got on throttle. These cars are so quick that this happens easily.

So causing an enormous shunt that could very easily have had dire consequences carries the same penalty as...dropping a few car lengths during SC. Got it.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A Canadian who can drive speaks -
    Jacques Villeneuve calls for Lance Stroll race ban after ‘unacceptable’ crash

We saw a bit of everything – masterful driving but also dangerous actions and drivers who drove badly. It was a mix of anything and everything, but that’s what this show is all about.

“When I talk about dangerous driving I’m talking about Lance Stroll. He should be suspended for one race for the Fernando Alonso incident.

“The FIA have been very lax in both Formula 1 and lower classes with drivers swinging out on the straight when that’s the most dangerous thing there is and the last thing you want to see. It’s pathetic and extremely dangerous.

“By swinging out on the straight, you endanger other drivers – possibly fatally, because you can cause a huge accident like that. And that’s because you consciously decide to do something like that, not because you’re making a mistake. So it’s really unacceptable.

chinaleeexports, SS454 and Bas like this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It's his 5th F1 season. He's learned all he's going to learn--perhaps learn to admit mistakes?

chinaleeexports, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    At the same time, whilst the vultures are circling, Fernando Alonso is reported today to play down the crash, saying it was simply a racing incident.

Smart man ...

Nuvolari likes this.
  6. DF1

The team needs an objective look at its driver. He has cost them how much and how many points??

7. DF1

Yes let the others state the obvious for him and FA is above it looking stately lol

8. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    While Alonso typically speaks his mind openly, he has also paid a price for this in his career. Perhaps he's letting it go because it's against the team, and son of his future employer. I feel had it been Lewis Hamilton that did the late move, Alonso would be very vocal about it.

cmos, jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  9. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    When Dad lets go a good driver with the biggest Hispanic market ever, and then one of the most popular drivers that is a 4x world champ, just so his kiddo can undeserving stay in Formula 1, I don't think points are his biggest priority.

At what point does Lawrence Stroll get some mud in the face by Aston Martin or his financial partners because he chooses his son over talent? Puts in question his capabilities of a businessman to me.

DF1 likes this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Lawrence Stroll must be smarter than we think: he didn't get where he is being an idiot.

The fact is that he treats F1 as a hobby to indulge his son; I guess many ambitious fathers wish they could do the same.

That may rub people the wrong way, but Perez, and Vettel were his employees, and Alonso must already know his place.

Temerian and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep......dad just doing what his son likes, for the moment......dad's will be dads at any expense.

Lawrence has overrode his business decision into a personal decision.

Your right, points don't matter when it comes to his son......so what's a couple of million dollars to the team.....I have billions and my son is happy.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I have no idea who gets the most enjoyment; the father from owning a F1 team and watching his son, or Lance from racing.

The father looks stressed at times, and the son seems bored.

13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    ^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

^^^^^^ AND THIS ^^^^^^

14. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I certainly wouldn't measure Lawrence Stroll's intelligence by how much money he has. There are a LOT of successful, rich, or powerful people that can't do typical common sense tasks most people can do. Either way, he has the money to do it, and it is what it is, but I can't say it should be considered "right" or ethical.

I imagine if you were the top employee in your place of work, and you got canned over the son of the boss who just lit the building on fire, you probably wouldn't like it too much either.

I also know if put my brand name on the car and the guy financing the program makes decisions to benefit his son over decisions to get results, I'd have some issue with that as well.

I think you're right though, Alonso should know his place. A guy that feels he always should be clear #1 in a team, this should be interesting.

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

AFAIK, Lawrence Stroll is a self-made-man in the fashion/luxury industry, so he must have good business acumen at least.
    I suppose that he tries to apply the methods that made him rich to redress Aston Martin car company and the F1 team.
    That will work, or not, I don't know, but so far he has gathered financial backup from people who must know what they are doing.
    If I believe what I read, he has brought new resources to the team , and Alonso may steer it in the right direction too with his experience in several teams. I don't this his position as #1 will be contested. I hope it will work well.

jpalmito, Temerian and Nuvolari like this.
  16. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    I take back every compliment about Lance’s driving. They last two events have shown that he doesn’t belong in F1. Really inexcusable “defending” against Alonso and Vettel. He should lose his license.

JWeiss, 375+, Bas and 4 others like this.
  17. DF1

The talk of Alonso being an employee is interesting lol. He will be the most INTENSE employee the team has ever seen. Lance was showing some maturity, A charade it is. He does look bored. I have no care about his father lol. I sense combustion with FA there lol. One that results In the departure of Danger Boy from F1.

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The day he will decide his son has had enough fun and realize he will never be WDC, his team will be a major force.
    Lawrence stroll knows how to be successful.
    No doubt he’s putting all the good ingredients into the mix.
    Alonso is not coming for money alone.
    This project is ambitious and the only irrational side is Lance for now.

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree, I also regret making compliments about the steps he's made.

I said it after Austin, the total slap on the wrist penalty will come back to bite them. To cause a crash like that and then afterwards refuse to take any kind of responsibilty is ludicrous. The FIA then giving a meaningless penalty and calling it a day is shocking. He showed yesterday he will continue doing the same thing.

COTA was very close to a career ending crash. 2 meters earlier and Alonso would've hit that barrier at a nasty angle at high speed without possibility of slowing down. We saw how lucky Grosjean was in his crash, and that was at far, far lower speed.

He received a 10 second penalty now and continued to defend like mirrors don't exist on Schumacher a few laps later, for which the FIA didn't do **** all.

The next time Stroll makes such a move he deserves a multi race ban. Minimum 3, preferably 6. And that should be for ALL FIA sanctioned events. Does it again after? Revoke his racing license full stop. Imagine him at Le Mans at night.

JWeiss, jpalmito, stavura and 4 others like this.
  20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    People with many $1Bs can do this and no amount of griping will change that.

21. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Wasn't there also a questionable (double) move on Gasly (I think it was) later in yesterday's sprint race too - possibly into turn 4

The Vettel move warranted more than three penalty points especially in the light of his other recent moves

22. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Lance is the gift that keeps on giving.

Temerian likes this.
  23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice job Lance by outdriving Vettel and scoring a point!

william likes this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Well done Lance Stroll for finishing 8th at the Abu Dhabi GP, 2 places ahead of team mate Vettel.

tifosi12 likes this.
  25. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ferrari’s not the only team whose pit wall screws over their #1 driver;)

stavura, Bas and DF1 like this.