Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 219 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The amount of horrible strategies Vettel received shouldn't be underestimated at Aston. But last nights' took the cake! At one point he was losing almost 2 seconds a lap to his competition....

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

And FA was irritated at Alpine lol. Hang on FA it’s going to be a wild Lanceride lol

3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    problem for Aston is that Alonso won't exactly hold back...

NeuroBeaker, stavura, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Especially when he sees his old team, Alpine, handily beating Aston and realizes he’s made another bad career decision.

furoni, stavura, jpalmito and 4 others like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

At this point of his career, a move that allows Alonso to drive longer and improves his bank balance can only be a good move. o_O

jpalmito, furoni, JWeiss and 2 others like this.
  6. DF1

Ouch lol :)

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While the Alpine was faster than the AM this year, their reliability was horrible. I see the move to AM as a slight upgrade.

william likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So for 2022 at years end.

Vettel has 37 points

Lance has 18 points

chinaleeexports and Bas like this.
  9. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I expect Alonso to hand Stroll's ass to him throughout his time there. It'll be interesting to watch. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

chinaleeexports, Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If alonso even senses he's not getting equal treatment, he'll open his mouth. He's never been shy about this...I've been really, really surprised by Papa Strolls' signing on this one.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Many on here said that Vettel "would wipe the floor" with Lance. He beat him many times, but he also got beaten by Lance on occasion. Not what I call wiping the floor.

I do expect Alonso to beat Lance, but stranger things have happened.

william likes this.
  12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Papa Stroll giveth and Papa Stroll taketh.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Alonso's drive you mean? Grand scheme of things I don't think Alonso would care very much. He'd be on a plane to the US to do Indycar, a spot of Le Mans, Daytona, and Dakar in the winter...Papa Stroll would be the one with egg on his face.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I would not be surprised if Alonso won't last the entire season at AM. Papa Stroll is too rich to ever have egg on his face. He just buys another driver. I heard Schumacher and Ricciardo are available.

william likes this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Well, Vettel did beat Lance 2x over in points.:D

stavura, 375+, ingegnere and 2 others like this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Also, “old man” VET didn’t twice commit attempted vehicular homicide…

…and he RETIRED after this quite poor showing. What does that say about STR’s prospects?

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  17. DF1

Well in HAAS they fire drivers that do poorly, try to kill others, wreck cars etc. Stroll - the literal joke on the grid. Too bad Papa has an emotional attachment to an unattainable dream for Jr boy.

18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ahhh, Lancelot, Teflonso and papa Stroll, my dream team...to hate!

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Except that it is not papa Stroll but your hero Massa. Oops.

william, chinaleeexports and 375+ like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes Andreas, i'm still not blind, i don't confuse the old hag with Felipe, i meant the team not the picture.

ingegnere likes this.
  22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So Massa, Perez, and Vettel didn't "push" you??? Whatever dude.........no one is here to hold your hand in F1. You either have the drive and motivation to beat your teammates or you personally have no drive at all.

Alonso's not here to babysit.

Alonso's pushy trait a boost for me in 2023 F1 season, says Stroll

Aston Martin Formula 1 driver Lance Stroll says Fernando Alonso's pushy nature will be a boost to both him and the squad this year.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Two-time world champion Alonso has earned a reputation during his lengthy career as being fiercely competitive and ruthless when it comes to achieving his goals on track.

But while there have been occasions when his tactics have caused internal political problems at teams, Stroll says he is relishing the arrival of someone who is so willing to push him to the limit.

"It's no fun when you're just kind of driving around with no one pushing you," he said when asked by Autosport about the impact of Alonso's arrival.

"I think what you want in a team-mate is a guy that is at the top of his game. It means that when you get more out of it than him, you're really at the top of your game, and vice versa.

"When you're not getting the most out of it, it's not that you can just sit back and relax. You've got to try and work harder.

"I think that's what you want from the team at the end of the day, and also for them to know if you guys are pushing each other and always getting everything out of the car and the package."

Stroll said he did not know Alonso that well prior to his arrival at Aston Martin, but was relishing the experience of working alongside him.

"We've spent some time together, just chatting and stuff on drivers parades and all that," added Stroll. "He's a nice guy and he's a great driver, a big talent.

"It's always interesting and exciting when someone like him, or like Seb [Vettel], comes to the team and has different ideas, or drives in a different way, and maybe wants different things in the car.

"It's always interesting to hear what guys with that kind of experience have to say. In that sense, I'm definitely looking forward to having him in the team and working with him."

Stroll spent two seasons racing alongside Vettel at Aston Martin, and said he had benefited from the experience.

"I think it's been great," said Stroll. "He's extremely experienced, and very talented. A four-time champion, so that says it all.

"It's really just been a lot of fun. I mean, he's been a competitor in the car, but I think he's really pushed me to understand different things, like how to approach the weekend, how to adapt my work ethic, and be a better racing driver.

"I definitely learned a lot from him in that regard, just watching how he does his things.

"He's definitely also just helped push the team forward and bring some ideas from his past experience at other top teams, like Ferrari and Red Bull.

"I think that that was huge. Plus, on top of all that stuff, he's just been just a cool guy outside of the car. And super nice. And that makes the seasons more pleasant."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/alonsos-pushy-trait-a-boost-for-me-says-stroll/10426144/

23. DF1

LOL!! Well said! Hey Lance you are no young anymore in F1 time lol. You are getting old. Your days of growth are now behind you as a 'journeyman' lol.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    We don’t know.
    Maybe the reliability upgrades will favour Alpine in the long term?

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    easier to make a fast unreliable car, reliable, than a slow car fast.

That said, it is alpine we're talking about, and reliability has been an issue since 2014. I don't think either will be fit to win a title, but I'd expect the odd podium/win much easier with alpine than the Aston.