Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 58 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Look -- I don't want the Bill Gates to pay the NY Yankees to put his kid on third base because he did well in AA ball. And if they did that, don't be surprised if Yankee fans boo him all season.

Flavio_C, LVP488 and Bas like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Stroll makes a 'nice track day instructor. He does not race and has very little race craft to offer so far. Lets not kid ourselves about his talent. When Brundle says he is not 'aggressive' enough on the brakes in Monza more than once......uh thats a major statement in a lack of talent. He also referenced talent vs wealth in F1.
    Massa made that clear recently, talent, vs other things and so did Paddy Lowe about a major step being needed. So testing has not done it and neither did the season, as the final race showed how little he improved overall. They took the money and the driver. Now they have to deal with it. Stroll is not a racer. He drives. He does not excite nor does he challenge in any fashion like others very close to his age and are in F1. Its a demonstration on the limits of wealth and what it can 'buy'.

3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    You know what, I don't see Stroll withstanding the pressure for so long, he will give up in a few years.

Hahaha, are you kidding?

True, but there are at least 10 very talented drivers who had to cut short the F1 dream because of worthless drivers like Stroll.

4. 'Just curious, have all you posters that know better than Williams how to run itself submitted your resumes? I'm sure they want your immediate direction and will be more than happy to snap you up immediately. :p :)

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    No

6. DF1

They took the money. Living with Stroll is their problem. He has little talent in comparison to others - again a Williams problem. Just ask Paddy and Felipe. Case closed.

7. Oh. Well. Since you say so, I guess the moderator should lock this thread then, eh? :)

8. DF1

No but you asked a question that we are running or would be better. No one is thinking that more than observing a lack of talent. I think my statement was an obvious one. Its a Williams problem and we all know why = money. I dont want to run the team. I would not state anything like that. Williams had an issue to solve, which is on-going = funding. They found a solution. Whether it is optimal is the longer term question.

9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well said, critiquing a driver, and a teams decision to run him, is hardly staking a claim for a hostile takeover! Hehe.

I think Williams found an easy way to get money towards their season, daddy stroll will, as any father, promote his son and see his talent thru rose tinted glasses. Yes, he is talent limited, but he has more than most, just not more than the tiny minority of racers coming through that SHOULD get to F1, and find stroll sat in a seat that ordinarily might go to one of them. However, let’s not kid ourselves, if it weren’t stroll paying for the seat, Williams finances would likely have another pay driver in it anyway, so we’d still have a talentless hack in the car, just a poorer one!

You can’t knock the decision to take easy money from papa stroll when it’s offered, the smart move though is to use some of it to get a really great number one driver that can lead and develop the car. Felipe was a good driver in his day, although lost a tiny bit critical part of his form after his crash, but still dragged the Williams around. They need to replace him carefully, because that will be the key to their season, do they want to stand still, which is easy, or do they want to push forwards back to the front? That needs talent, and money spent, not received

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hmm not sure I agree on that. Stroll's ace in the hole is unlimited money to pay for the seat. There are plenty of very talented other drivers out there who also have access to decent money to pay for a seat, just less of it...Williams took a punt and based on the amount of money he'd pay (more than any other could) and that he had an F3 championship in his pocket, they figured ''how bad can he really be''. They're lucky the Force India was out of reach unless they had a pair of really great drivers in the car (AKA Mclaren or Red Bull pair, so really unlikely) and that the rest of the teams where much slower or it would've cost them a hell of a lot more.

daytona355 likes this.
  11. I wasn't referring to you in regard to running the team. 'Matter of fact we're in agreement about the Williams/Stroll connection ($$$). My reply to you was just a humorous comment about your "Case closed". 'Sorry you misinterpreted it as offensive. (I thought the quote and smiley was enuff...oh well...nobody pays me anymore to think...) :)

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    OMG.... I love this thread.

We can keep bashing Stroll all the way to next season! :)

Bas likes this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hehe, so true...and the fact that he's an unlikeable litle brat helps a lot!!!

Ferraripilot and Bas like this.
  14. DF1

I was not 'offended' at all. I provided a clarification to my thoughts about all this :)

15. DF1

Its just too easy LOL :)

16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Ok, here you go:

Stroll & Stroll Snr. know Lando Norris VERY WELL. In 2013, while Stroll was in his last year in karting at the KF class with Chiesa Corse (official factory team), Norris did the KF Junior with Ricky Flynn Motorsport, an independent British team who runs Fernando Alonso go-karts (PS: manufactured by Tony Kart). While Stroll had reasonable results, but without a single title, Norris took the world by storm and won several titles in that year, including the Junior World Championship. Having witnessed first hand how Stroll Snr kept an eye on the best drivers (or his "son's enemies) during that time, most notably Verstappen, I am not surprised at all that Stroll Snr would not like to see Lando Norris shine on his partly-owned team.

stavura, NEP, Igor Ound and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    What on Earth are they going to do with this kid next season? How long can Williams allow this without it causing irreparable damage to the team? I get they need the capital, but at what cost? They must have held their noises when they signed his contract and hoped he'd get better. Keep holding and pass out is not the answer though. If Williams' want to be a mid-pack to back-pack runner, they can at least experiment with talented young drivers. We could all rant on this unlikable kid for months on end can't we......or at least until he's gone.

stavura, TheMayor, Bas and 3 others like this.
  18. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    So what is Paddy Lowe going to bring to the 2018 season?

19. DF1

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  21. DF1

Nothing a little extra testing wont cure LOL......oh wait!! :)

stavura, 375+, subirg and 1 other person like this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :D :D :D

23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL