Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 61 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Stroll keeps on sucking since he was a lot slower than hsi team mate at Daytona....i guess you just can't buy speed!!

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    . . . and The Stroller Thread rolls on 1500 posts with no end in sight.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  3. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

No reason to stop when the fun for this year is about to begin LOL :)

5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Stroll did good at the Daytona 24 race. Lando stood out more, at times outpacing the field during the race...including in the wet....both Lando and Stroll were in the prototype class. Lando took the spotlight away from Alonso being a rookie out there. No article's on Stroll's performance.

Anyways, that was Daytona and this is F1.

No joy for Alonso but Lando makes his mark: 6 things we learned from Daytona https://**********.com/p/no-joy-for-alonso-but-lando-makes-a-YRMIBwQHmgBxeiNO_fqw?iid=JHIHocaSQ7SRFA4-0OaGNQ … via @**********

(I wonder why d.r.i.v.e.t.r.i.b.e. comes out as asterisks??)

How Lando Norris stole the show from Fernando Alonso at Daytona

https://www.crash.net/sportscars/feature/889175/1/how-norris-stole-show-alonso-daytona

6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I have witnessed in person Lando Norris driving in the rain during his go kart times, he is outstanding.

subirg and Bas like this.
  7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I had to pull this post from the way back machine.....

Just before Rolex 24 qualifying last Thursday, the entire Jackie Chan driver lineup gathered on the Daytona Fan Deck for team pictures. Jose Maria Lopez, Alex Brundle, Felix Rosenquist, Stroll, the whole bunch.

Stroll was the biggest guy in the bunch by a fair margin.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah but he was still faster than Alonso... ooops

9. DF1

Bas likes this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What guidance does he need? "the right pedal is for accelerating, Lance, use the force"?

Massa showed what the car was capable of (or at least what Massa could get out of it), the wonderful technology then shows exactly all inputs Massa has done on the car to get it round a lap...where he braked, accelerated, steering input and exactly how much and for how long....Lance would have had access to that and that should have told him enough...what a ****ing child.

11. DF1

Just an entitled, spoiled tourist in a driving suit. Your post is spot on. To be in F1 one must have some initiative to succeed. Stroll just never appears to come across as a racer. Its a hobby to be replaced by another when he becomes bored. Williams are as much a joke as Stroll is...

Bas likes this.
  12. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Again shows how the might of Williams has fallen. Just 15 years ago (note in f1 terms that's like a really long time ago) they were dueling at the front and pushing for titles. Now they're struggling to survive (No thanks to the sport's silly sky rocketing costs), are like mid packing terms of performance, and they had drivers like Montoya driving for them.

375+ and Bas like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    What a clown..Felçipe already gave him the ansewr..."better not even coment!!!"

375+, Bas and DF1 like this.
  14. DF1

A clear indication of what little relationship they had and how the Stroll's own the team virtually.

Bas likes this.
  15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Bas and DF1 like this.
  16. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Just wait to you see how far Williams fall this year. Two very young drivers that (lets be honest) don't carry the same skill level as LeClarc, Verstappen or Ocon. Mclaren will finally be able to compete with the Renault engine as I'm sure Renault themselves will be stronger especially with two great drivers not just one. Williams will be battling Haas and Sauber all season with the occasional mid pack scrap only when other teams have a misfortune.

Bas likes this.
  17. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    You're not really going out on a limb with these predictions, are you?

To me, the only real wildcard is if the Honda engine improves or not. Winter testing starts up in a few weeks.

18. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    So, is it true that with Williams, all three guys (Stroll, Sirotkin and Kubica) are all paying Williams?

375+ likes this.
  19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep.

Stroll 30+ Million
    Sirotkin 15 Million
    Kubica I'm not sure how much, since he's only doing 3 FP's. He had 8 million to pay but that was for a season...

Williams will be behind Mercedes, Ferrari, Red bull, Force India, Renault, Mclaren this year for sure. Haas stands a chance of beating them because of their superior drivers, Sauber has 1 really great driver (but complete rookie)...I don't think Sauber will beat them but we'll see Leclerc ahead of one or both Williams a fair amount of time. Toro Rosso handicapped by the Honda engine is the one thing that'll ensure they won't finish dead last.

jgonzalesm6, stavura and tifoso2728 like this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    For once i hope williams will do very badly..maybe this will show people that crap drivers money will hurt them big time.

21. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
  22. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Kubica was ready to pay as a full-time driver, but I read somewhere that for his limited role as reserve driver he will actually get paid (I think there was an article in which Nico Rosberg, Kubica's manager, was claiming that).
    It might not be true, but I noticed it because I found it ironic that after claiming they chose Sirotkin (who brings a lot of money) only for his driving talent, Williams was ready to pay Kubica for a limited role.

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Williams needs an experienced development driver. It will be interesting to see how much seat time he will get in pre-season testing.

25. Again all these experts that know so much better what Williams "should" be doing..... :rolleyes:
    Why haven't "you" all submitted your resumes....I'm sure they'd love to snap one of you up..... ;)