Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    How is Lance perceived by the rest of the grid? Do other teams see him as a talent... or for what he is... a boy bought into his place by his father? I see him as a male version of Varuca from Willy Wonka... "but daddy... I want my oompa-loompa NOOOOOWWWW!!!

Seriously... is his father in the position to threaten Williams with pulling Lance? Where would he go? What teams see him as a worthy driver? I don't think even Sauber at this point... even considering the money.

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    The old saying is "you" get what you pay for for. Therefore, when "you" are not paying, . . . . I think you can finish the rest . . . .

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Force India needs the money.

Here is the problem for Papa Stroll. If Lancey boy can't show he's much of a driver then he's always going to be a paid driver and never get a paid contract. Papa Stroll I believes someday Lance-a-Little will get a seat where he is actually paid millions of dollars a year to drive.

Money is money. At some point you have to wonder how much longer he would throw money down a rat hole.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    PLEASE put him in a Force India, see how he does against a real driver! My guess is whilst last year we where amused with a second a lap, this year we won't be able to contain our laughter as we see the Stroller desperately trying to string a lap together. The water will shoot out our noses when a good weekend meant he was just 1.5 seconds a lap slower, that one lap!

5. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Just popping into the practise thread for China.

OK Stroll has to go; what is he doing, and what are Williams doing entertaining this guy. Yeah his daddy might have a big cheque book and his sister is hot, but they will destroy what reputation they have left and when Stroll does leave, as thank god nothing is for ever, what sponsor is going to want to fund a hire car company at an F1 event!!!

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He is involved emotionally due to the child. Any objective astute financier would have stopped this 'investment' after about 6 races last year LOL

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Any pictures of the hot sister!!!!

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Stroll himself must realise what a shambles he looks to the rest of the world. How can he keep taking the humiliation week after week, race after race. You've gotta feel for the guy...

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ...yap...no, not really :)

10. DF1

Im not sure what reason he would use to reflect. I would imagine at home and in his inner circle he is told he is F1 quality driver.

11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    ...ahhh no, I have no sympathy for him at all.

He is fortunate enough daddy has loads of money so he could give it a go; fair enough you cant blame the guy for that, we all wish we had that opportunity.

He isn't performing and should now go. His whining about the car when his brand new team mate out performs him... This we can blame him for.

The car having issues is completely irrelevant to this; other than his ability to help the team develop the car. Can he do this? No idea. If he cant he really really should go.

furoni likes this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    He sticks to the argument ..rubbish car ...well the donkey is very good..so back to the drawing board at Grove.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Remember when everyone said this was Stroll's year to shine now that Massa was out of the way, he would be the lead driver of the team, and he had a year's worth of experience?

Well, I don't forget that easily.

The guy laughing today is Massa.

14. DF1

+1 Massa is an accomplished professional and he is not suffering the farce of this car and team any longer.

jgonzalesm6, furoni and Bas like this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  16. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Does lance really need a full face racing helmet? At the pace he goes,... wouldn't a kid's bicycle helmet do?

Bas likes this.
  17. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    as a fellow Canadian you shake your head at Lance and his dad paying something like 100 million a year for his seat at Williams. The reason is you have another Canadian talent like Robert Wickens who is entering his 3rd Indy race this weekend at the Long Beach GP and he is killing it in his rookie Indy season. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he wins Long Beach on Sunday, he almost won St Petersburg on his first race and ditto for Phoenix on his first Oval track race...

and this is a guy that couldn't get a full time seat in F1 and became another RBR victim...

DF1 likes this.
  18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Stroll, the man who destroyed williams! Thanks God he left Ferrari academy early

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree he's a great talent now, but an RBR victim? RBR pays for the whole lot, who says he'd even be able to compete the seasons RBR sponsored him? He didn't perform as expected yet has continued racing and now does great in indy...hardly a victim.

vinuneuro likes this.
  20. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I think we’ll have a better third practice and FChat will be able to break into the 1:35s. SS and us are sandwiching the Sauber times in P2 and therefore we’re capable of improving during the third practice and qualifying. ;)

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    What other drivers are on Willliams' payroll? Surely they have some test drivers who could be given a shot. Doesn't F1 still permit a team to use a substitute driver in Friday practice?

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I heard there is a bloke hanging around the pit garage who might want to give it a go,wasshisname you know ...the Polish geezer.

NEP and Bas like this.
  23. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    ...or, toss the keys to Susie Wolff. I bet she...well, she couldn’t be any worse...could she?

stavura, Ferrari 308 GTB and Bas like this.
  24. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Isobel, Ferrari 308 GTB and Bas like this.
  25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby