Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 94 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    DF1 and tifoso2728 like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    More like:

[Lawrence Stroll] " Due to mitigating circumstances (or personal reasons), Lance has decided to step away from F1 and focus more on these mitigating circumstances.

Which we all know is a bull[cough] excuse.

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    2020 - Lawrence Stroll disowns his biological son Lance and adopts 29yo Sergio Perez “Stroll”

Attached Files:

tifoso2728 and DeSoto like this.
  4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Well if he beats Perez, fine...but he was still a complete knob in the press conferences for Williams.

Will we see him in 20/21? Let’s hope not.

5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Well, there you go. Just think how good he would be if he had an XBox!!

6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    It will be interesting to see how the new teammates compare. I think Perez will eat Lance's lunch like an Asada y Queso taco.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Oh please... you don't think Lance gets first pick of everything?

My guess is the team will do everything it can to make sure Perez is in a "support role" for Lance.

stavura, Jeronimo GTO and Igor Ound like this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    You mean making sure he comes second to last?

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    even with a car half a second to a full second slower Perez will beat the little prick

10. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Qualifying and racing are two different animals. Lance will be competitive with his teammate in the former, not so much the latter.

375+ likes this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I will stick my neck on the block ,and say Lance does have some talent. We all know it 90+% the car nowadays and this year the Williams was a well known disaster..

So let's see how Lance performs next year ,i never rated Perez and would not be at all surprised if it is a close battle between the two of them,even though Perez is vastly more experienced.

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Perez' career, whats left of it is in the balance if we see a 'talented' Stroll on the grid LOL. A total Mexican meltdown would be the result.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The closest they will be is when both cars are in the stands....

stavura and Flavio_C like this.
  14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    375+ likes this.
  15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    DF1 likes this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sorry Mayor but you are feeling extremely generous today! Are you also on papastroll payroll to say that sort of things!!???

17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    He's in the Christmas spirit...or if he is like his avatar, the Christmas spirits are in him!

P.Singhof likes this.
  18. DF1

One cannot 'exceed' full potential. Its been reached. Given his inability to navigate certain circuits without help lol

19. DF1

stavura and tifoso2728 like this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i Know money is important, but one's credibility also is, at least for me..these guys are selling themselves and ruining any credibility.....just gettin as low as Claire williams did...and all for someone that as a driver isn't worth toilet paper....

21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    #2346 375+, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Without seeing the simulator data and lap times from testing I can't disagree with Otmar. Lance does seem to have good speed, he starts well and gains positions on the first lap--but I don't see anything beyond that. No racecraft IMO, I can't recall any competitive passes last season though it is a tough call given the hopeless state of Williams.

22. DF1

+1 but in testing with no racing many are fast. The flag drops and then race craft must be used. The element of pressure on the grid, the team mate, the other racers and the management of the car. So much more than just testing.

23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, it's the 19 other buggers that are the problem in F1 !

tifoso2728 likes this.
  24. DF1

Williams chief technical officer, Paddy Lowe, thinks Lance Stroll came into Formula 1 “too early” and would have benefited from more preparation.

Stroll was thrust into the spotlight in 2017, becoming Canada’s first Formula 1 driver since 1997 World Champion, Jacques Villeneuve.

Thanks to significant funding from his father, Lawrence, he was able to make the jump up straight from the Formula 3 European Championship.

Stroll endured a tough start to his Formula 1 career with three race retirements in his first four races and Lowe believes he could have done with another year learning the ropes.

“With Lance, his second year in Formula 1, my personal view is that in hindsight he came into Formula 1 too early,” Lowe told RACER.

“There are a number of reasons for that, but I think he would have been better to come a year later when he was better prepared.

But Lowe also said that he has seen a big improvement from Stroll, who has now left Williams to join his father at Racing Point for his third year in Formula 1.

He added: “It was a really, really tough year for him last year but we have seen him make a real step change over the winter.

“He’s been much stronger this year, particularly in his qualifying which was a difficult part for him last year.

“But he’s completely transformed his approach to qualifying this year and that’s played out well for him.

“And then becoming more confident as a driver, therefore getting some better results from that.

25. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I believe a few FChatters already new this like a year or so ago; the fact that the Stroller came into F1 too early. Dad should have given him a year or 2 to hone his race-craft and skills in F2 or some other series (DTM as an example).