Roland Linder | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Roland Linder

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Roland E Linder, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    7 hours left for anyone else to say what they want before closing. :)

Bruce, I don't think you are completely qualified for that declaration, but it is your right to say it.

2. Alex L

Alex L Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2010
    MI
    Full Name:
    Alex
    This thread just took up my whole day, and all I can say is wow. If this is true it's pretty low & really he's guilty of slandering the names of the drivers who actually competed and won LeMans. Let me grab a bag of popcorn I've got my fingers crossed for a big finale.

3. gas-motors

gas-motors Rookie

Jan 13, 2011
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Ken
    An ad from my website has been quoted as evidence that Roland goes around telling people that he won Le Mans.

I wrote that ad and Roland NEVER told me that he won Le Mans. I was told by someone else and I PUT THAT IN THE AD without Roland's knowledge.

I was getting a new company up and running and needed some cool cars to post for sale on my website. Roland was kind enough to give me a ton of pics and some information about his car, but told me nothing about winning Le Mans.

I met Roland when he had come to visit a mutual friend and to help him get rid of some scratches in his Ferrari. Roland drove several hours just to come and help my friend in "his time of need" :) Anyone here who owns a Ferrari and noticed some scratches when they've pulled into their garage can understand what my buddy was going through!

Roland's a great guy and impressed me very much. What's happening in this forum is just pathetic.

Ken

4. mrknowitallf40

mrknowitallf40 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2005
    Maybe you forgot charity, understanding, humility, and forgiveness. There have been a lot of shady characters on this site and he's not one of them. When someone other than Roland shows up with a nice car he is automically given the red carpet treatment. Even though they may have acquired the car through dubious means. Kinda like when a girl talks about how nice everyone was to her, only cause they want to mate. You know the real nice people when mating season is over. How could Roland ever make it up to you? Im suprised that the Ferrari factory has tolerated this site for so long. Arent you just stealing their identity for your own profit? How well would this site operate if you had to remove all references to the word FERRARI? What if it was called ROBchat? Pass along the favor. Couldnt someone say that you are disrespecting all the Ferrari owners by allowing nonowners to post on Ferrarichat? Back in the day Roland directed a lot of traffic to your site and still does. Besides Napolis he"s a big draw.

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    .....all of which he has shown NONE of as of his last post yesterday, and probably to some poor bastard he's lied about himself to since......

It's amazing how far a piece of free Colorado beef will go to define someone's opinion of another, even if he's a bad seed? :eek:

I heard Bernie Madoff threw a helluva party too.... :rolleyes:

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Hi. Glad to see you weigh in. The truth, as always, is ugly. Fact is, you didn't have to be told directly.
    He provided Hook, line and, ultimately . . . sinker.
    "Hoisted with his own petard" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petard#.22Hoist_with_his_own_petard.22

It's evidence he had not, did not, and even when exposed several years ago, still does not EVER correct anyone.
    Hope he's not Catholic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omission

How did the myth [which you were misinformed of] come to be?

He was the source of:
    "I was a Factory Racer for Ducati"
    "I won Le Mans twice"
    "I raced in Indy 500"
    "F40LM"

. . . and as such, perpetuated his own myth, leading others terribly awry for his own gain.

Fact is:
    - On this site there are several Members, who, as former Factory Racers for Ducati through many eras will attest that despite every effort in vain to find that claim to be true, he is not one of them.
    - Never won Le Mans, though he has "made my peace about all that and if some wants to keep talking about, so be it" - though he has yet to pay those Members who feel quite adamantly they were bilked.
    - Never raced in Indy 500, as always "I didn't even knew about it".
    - That's not 1 of 4 U.S. F40LMs.

It is obvious he has used false claims above to open doors for gain, at expense of others. For the dense: That is known as a Con; As always, a Con Artist is always a "great guy". Take, take, take. . . . Take everyone for a "ride". Literally and figuratively.

Example: THIS is as pathetic now as it was in 2004, and it happened on this forum.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5687
    As Andre Milhoux of Belgium attested in 1977, 1980, 1983, 1990, 1995 . . . This ain't his first Rodeo by a long shot.

7. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    You guys (Gas and Mr.KnowItAll) are FUNNY. It's the CARS, and not the owners, that are the draw. I, for one, don't care who owns them. And, no one has said anything remotely unkind about Roland's car other than it's not a "legitimate" F40 LM. Which is a fact. And, to call it an F40 LM (at least, to infer it's one of the Michelotto-built LMs) is inaccurate. Totally. Now, what's the problem with that?

People are, however, upset about the fact that someone has misrepresented themselves (certainly germanely and perhaps more egregiously), or, by failing to correct misstatements, allowed other's mischaracterizations to go uncorrected, which IS a misrepresentation (by act OR omission, folks). And, they did, according to the accusations, profit from those misrepresentations to some extent. In the law, that is FRAUD, my Fchat friends. I'm glad Mr. Linder took the time to clarify, though, and his accomplishments, as they are, stand on their own. As they should. Again, no problem with that (or them) whatsoever.

But, after much time has passed, to permit further untruths (or, even, new ones) to be bandied about is indefensible and inexcusable. By him, or by anyone. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: when it comes to the Ferrari community, there are lots of people out there who target Ferrari owners. For whatever reasons. But, I'll wager a chicken dinner that money has something to do with it. Somehow. And, to profit, as some have done from misrepresentations (or the failure to correct misrepresentations) should not be tolerated. Rather, the facts should be outed. People need to know who's being honest and who's not.

And, for crying out loud, is there ANYONE who has touched this car that doesn't have some sort of troubling skeleton in the closet? Do two minutes of Internet searching for yourself, and you'll find a long list of questionables (and I'm not going to name names, either, in case you're wondering). Does any of this make the car any less? Or take away from Mr. Linder's true driving resume? Not at all. But, it doesn't an F40 LM, 2-time Le Mans winner (presumably, as a driver, and ESPECIALLY if you're contemplating hiring Mr. Linder as a...driving instructor) or Indy 500 racer make, either. And, so, in the end, we do each other a service by correcting and recording the inaccuracies. If that's not understood, then what's the point of this site? Just to go around patting each other on the back for having cool cars? To tolerate and permit such untruths to perpetuate, without comment, is no less than perpetrating the fraud oneself. Please consider that in your respective deliberations when you consider how "pathetic" this community is.

And, to Mr. Gas-Motors, Mr. Linder *could* have corrected the misstatement in your ad, couldn't he have? I assume all he had to do was to say, "well, that's not exactly true. Please take that bit down." Did he? Glad you think he's a great guy, and he impressed you. I guess that makes it all better?

CW

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Roland didn't proof the ad when finished? You weren't proud of the ad and pics to share with Roland? There wasn't a SINGLE person that was able to correct the ad, it took FerrariChat? That's pathetic!

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    mrknowitallf40, you can't face the facts and address the specifics of this case, so your only out is a broad unrelated and unfounded attack of FerrariChat and me? That speaks volumes about YOUR character and no surprise you are sticking up for Roland.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    T minus 0. If any involved parties have further relevant information good or bad please contact me offline. Thanks!