Rolls Royce Phantom | FerrariChat

Rolls Royce Phantom

Discussion in 'British' started by SAFE4NOW, May 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Looking for input from those that have personally owned or have other 1st hand experience with the 2004-2008 era Rolls Royce Phantom.
    Should I or shouldn't I?

I have 1st hand experience repairing the occasional Phantom when a client asks if we can help. With that said, that translates to 6-7 visits over the past 10 years, so not a lot in reality. Most were low mileage examples ( under 20k miles ) and other that annual servicing and worn suspension , not really anything surprising.
    I would consider myself " aware " and am not afraid of the cost of ownership. But I do not know what I don't know.

I have always been drawn to the extremes, this being one of the largest sedans ( if not the largest ) on the road, I have had my eye on one for several years now. I WANT the largest possible , comfortable, luxurious, secure feeling ride, all things that the Phantom is.

What am I missing, what would you as an owner or previous owner want to make sure a new owner was aware of before making the commitment?

And lastly, is the extended wheel base " version "worth it " , it's not like its not already a roomy interior...

S

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    as merely an observer some comments: those Paxton tires, motor mounts and electric glitches like the locking rear doors and how they are connected to the braking system are areas of concern.
    Happy Hunting!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. OLDBENZ

OLDBENZ Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    UK and Caribbean
    I have had a Drophead Phantom in my collection for 11 years now and have covered approximately 33,000 miles. It has been supremely reliable. I have mainly used it on long trips between London and the South of France. The only non-service work it has needed has been one door closing relay failing and one difficult to diagnose intermittent SatNav signal failure. Not too shabby.

ryalex, Flash G, GuyIncognito and 5 others like this.