Rolls-Royce vs Bentley | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rolls-Royce vs Bentley

Discussion in 'British' started by lesterm, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Glad to see that.

2. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Actually,I am aware that Bentley's aren't for everyone and might be a little hard to pull off in Alabama but I think it's a pretty sweet ride. I am a MB fan too but I wanted something a little different. As far as a "hey look at me car", I think the attention is mostly from the people who are into cars and its usually followed by a thumbs up. I am not a 365 fan but I wouldn't look over and laugh.(Unless Allan was with me)!To each his own.

3. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Better believe id be laughing!

5. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    The Arnage NEVER came with BMW's V12, when it was first introduced in 1999 as the green label, it was equipped with a twin turbo V8 by Cosworth borrowed from the 740i. When Bentley went to VW ownership the next year. VW decided to reintroduce the 6.75 litre Ford designed twin turbo V8 on the Red Label because customers complained that the BMW cosworth designed engine revved too hard, didn't have enough low end torque and was generally underpowered...

6. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Its funny how I work at the dealership and sell parts all day long for V-12 Green labels, that use a BMW style canister oil filter, and I have no idea what i am talking about.
    Oh well.....

7. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I just looked it up, the Green label Arnage has a V8.

8. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Jeff, I owe an apology. You are correct. Kenny on the other hand is not right on the Twin Turbo fact on the Green. It is not a TT. After many confusing drinks and many tired nights, I was inncorect. First to admit fault. Sorry again.