News

Roma as a daily driver + child seats

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by dr.skp.ortho, Jan 25, 2021.

1. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Hi everyone.

I have ordered a Ferrari Roma in Bianco Italia as a combined 10yr anniversary / birthday present for my wife. We have a 3yr old and the Roma will be her daily driver.

Do any of you have suggestions for a child seat that fits well in the back of a Roma (or Portofino)?

This will be our first Ferrari so the excitement level is high.
    (Current cars are McLaren 765LT and a couple of 63s AMGs)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. PROV

PROV Rookie

Oct 30, 2019
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Its an amazing daily driver for a 3 year old ;)

Do Ferrari do their own (no doubt expensive) seat?

4. MrBobT

MrBobT Rookie

Dec 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    robert s towery
    Yes, $10,000 unless you want horses stitched into the headrest, then it is $11,700.

5. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    The saddest thing about this comment is I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or joking...

wrs and Jaguar36 like this.
  6. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    It will be a super tight squeeze. I think there is less room in the back of a Roma than their is in the back of a 991 Porsche or maybe similar.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Good luck with finding a seat. I have a Cali T that I have tried just about every seat out there for, and nothing works. Would love to find one that does since my daughter lets me know all the time how she can't ride in daddy's horse car.

9. FazTaz

FazTaz Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Northern NJ
    dr.skp.ortho and Prancing 12 like this.
  10. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I have found two seats that fit. Child seat regulations in Australia are very strict so not everything available overseas complies with our legal standards. I have found two seats that fit

1) Nuna Aace booster that uses the cars lap/sash belt. It requires a buckle extender and the seat belt is recessed far down into the seat. Please see attached photos

3) Britax maxi guard which uses the car seatbelt to hold the child seat in place (with a top tether) and then has in built harnesses.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. dr.skp.ortho

dr.skp.ortho Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Looks like a great solution. It’s not available in my market unfortunately!

12. To remove this ad click here.