Roma Option Q's | FerrariChat

Roma Option Q's

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by GameBuoy, May 20, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    I own a 2021 Roma and am ordering a new Roma and know most of the options but wanted to get some help/guidance on a few that still puzzle me.

1. PIP 7 (Colour Leather Interior Inserts). I assume this is the option to get rid of Alcantara around the "Roma" logo on the passenger side (near the glove box). I am not a fan of Alcantara... nor having the backseat be all black with a colored front driver/passenger seat area...

2. CITZ (Carbon Fibre Upper Tunnel Trim) and DATR (Carbon Fibre Dashboard Inserts). I believe DATR is for the center screen (where it says Ferrari) and CITZ is for the door inserts (where the Memory buttons are) and the center console insert (below the gear select). Do they change more than this and am I correct or off here?

3. CLDT (Coloured Inner Details). What does this refer to?

4. DUAL (Dual Colour Leather Int. Trim). What does this refer to? On the configurator, you can change the mid-upper cockpit color (to Cuoio or Tortora only - why?) and I'm wondering where this shows up as I've never seen a car spec with DUAL on it.

5. STC 1 and STC 2 (Standard and Special Stitching). My current car has STC 2 with NERO yet that is a standard color, so I'm confused...

6. STW1 (Coloured Steering Wheel). I assume this would change the remaining leather on the steering wheel from standard Nero?

7. ACC1 (Front Radar with Acc). This puts the ugly box in the front of the car, right?

8. ADAS (ADAS Full Package). What does this include? Though I'm certain it includes ACC1 so not a fan.

9. BRAD (Back Radar). Does this just add the lane change assist? Is it helpful/good? Does it impact the exterior looks in any way (like ACC1)?

10. FCAM (Advanced Front Driving Camera). I have Surround View and love it so wondering how this differs and also whether it impacts the exterior looks in any way?

11. MADM (Magneride). My car has this and it's a common option on most cars. Can someone explain what it brings and why it's so popular? What would I be missing if I opted out of it?

12. Car Keys. I've seen gray car keys (mine) and Italian flag car keys. I don't see this as an option; how do you get the Italian flag car key? I also see there's CFKY (Car Key in Carbon Fibre) but that seems a bit pricey to me, though I'd welcome seeing a pic if someone has it.

13. CFG1 (Front Grill with Chromed Edges) and CFG3 (Front Grill with Dark Edges). I'd welcome someone posting pictures of each, ideally contrasted with each other and standard body painted grill. I saw a post a bit ago showing some CFG3 examples but no CFG1 examples.

Also, I saw someone with an Italian flag on the paddle shifters. Was nice but I'm wondering where that option came from and if there's a new, more exhaustive list of options than the 2021 price list my dealer sent me. It certainly didn't include that (nor the key, etc.)

Anyway, thanks for your help.

2. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    There were a lot of questions in your post! I was trying to attach the original Roma order guide here as a PDF. It answers most of your questions and has pictures of the front grill options for you, too. I like that it has the option codes with page number references and actual explanations to be found on those pages! But it is bigger than the 5MB FChat limit. So send me a DM with your email address, and I'll email it to you instead. Keep in mind that it is from 2019, so your dealer probably has access to a more recent version.

Not all personalization options are found in the order guide. For example, my Italian flag dreamlines on the paddle shifters were found at the dealer in a completely separate catalog. (That code is DLPT, by the way.)

Finally, my Roma shipped with a key box that I received at delivery. It had two keys and tools to switch between the different faces you mentioned. Well, the grey and the Ferrari emblem, at least. I have not seen the carbon fiber CFKY option you asked about.

Good luck with your SECOND Roma build! The ordering process was a lot of fun for me and the family. I'm really pleased with how things turned out, and I'm proud that one Roma in the world is designed the way I wanted it to look :)

Andy

vcappp, Lsmith1981, ss_88 and 5 others like this.
  3. doodja

doodja Rookie

Oct 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jeff Dood
    Any chance you could at least post a picture or two of the front grill options here on the forum? I would love to see those.

4. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    I also have a Roma and I have ordered a 2nd one which will arrive 2023

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GameBuoy and JHNurse like this.
  5. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Of course! Here's page 12 from that guide....

Andy

Attached Files:

vcappp likes this.
  6. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    Birds of a feather!

I had one on order and then found a nicely equipped used one with 500 miles so I bought that while waiting. It's my daily driver... So I figure I'll get rid of my current one before it gets too many miles and switch to the newer one.

Hard decision is which color. I have Grigio Titanio now (Cuoio interior) and think it's just about the perfect color for the car - but I can't get the same color again so it's between Grigio Silverstone and Blu Roma right now (with Tortora interior)...

I'm thinking of going Roma->Roma->296 GTB->SUV, though I have to say I really like the Roma so may be hard to give it up for the 296...

7. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    I had no idea there was an order guide PDF as I just had the dealer order form with the four letter code, cryptic one sentence description and price...

After searching, I found that the Roma Order Guide PDF was posted on FC awhile back.

Thanks go to @tomc for posting it - post #2373 in the Ferrari Roma thread:

Ferrari ROMA

It answers all of my questions and even provides recommendations and such - very helpful.

Thanks @JHNurse and @tomc

sainthoo and JHNurse like this.
  8. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    Wondering what you guys are not liking or missing from your first build that is making you want a different one.

9. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    The short answer is I'm buying a new one just because it is my daily driver and I'm putting miles on it so I'm thinking of upgrading every few years.

I will say that if I had spec'ed it out, I would have added BRAD (Back Radar) and would not have gotten as much carbon fiber as my car has (it has every carbon fiber option except for CERB - boot trim) and wouldn't have ordered Daytona seats. I don't miss BRAD and won't be ordering it. I do love the carbon fiber but, frankly, I don't see it that much so I question the value of the exterior pieces. And I love the Daytona seats and will be ordering those again.

I plan on doing minor tweaks - changing brake caliper color, interior and exterior colors but keeping it much the same in terms of options as I love how my car is spec'ed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

vcappp, Dsald, JHNurse and 1 other person like this.
  10. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    What's considered high milage on these? I just bought a 2021 with 3k miles on it, waiting for it to arrive from out of state. I usually only do about 500-800 hundred miles a year, so wasn't worried that it already had 3k on it. It also has every option I could want, so this way I will know what I care or don't care for.

My thoughts were to place an order if a v12 comes out.

11. ss_88

ss_88 Rookie

Aug 10, 2022
    Full Name:
    Saurabh
    I don't see the pdf. Just ordered my roma.

12. techceo22

techceo22 Rookie

Dec 25, 2023
    Dallas
    No HIFI Sound? How is the system without the JBL speakers?

13. techceo22

techceo22 Rookie

Dec 25, 2023
    Dallas
    I just ordered a used one from FL. Here are the specs it's coming with. Am I missing something crucial?

14. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    Sound is not good without hifi sound. Having had both, I would only order with hifi sound - in fact just took delivery of 296 GTB also with hifi sound.

Feel like it is a must order along with LED/carbon fiber steering wheel.

Hope it helps…

Cigarzman likes this.
  15. 599F1

599F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2023
    Full Name:
    599F1
    I have a question on the options for wheels. RIMP is an option to have the wheels painted with a glossy finish, such as Nero DS. But the rule guide says that this code is compatible with STANDARD/RICS/RMSC/RMSV. Standard is 20" alloy painted. RICS is 20" alloy liquid silver, RMSC is 20" alloy in matt grigio, and RMSV is 20" forged. If one was opting for RIMP, what would be the purpose of also opting for RICS or RMSC since the glossy paint is going over the wheels anyway? I understand on RMSV because it is a different design (forged). But the other three are the same design, so why would anyone select RICS or RMSC as well as RIMP?

16. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    Good question and not sure. Maybe an error in the guide? Couldn't imagine such a miss by Ferrari, but... :)

FWIW I have RIMP spec'd on my order and do not have a secondary selection of any kind. I have a screenshot of the MODIS order form and it just has RIMP listed.

17. Prof_Lumen

Prof_Lumen Rookie

May 9, 2023
    Full Name:
    Robert Yeo
    The 2019 ordering guide answers many of these questions. I’ll add comments as I’ve just (finally) configured my new Spider. Ferrari don’t make it easy to navigate through all the possible options. I’m writing from a UK perspective; other markets may differ.

STW1 allows you to change the colour of the steering wheel leather.

ACC1 is the adaptive cruise control radar box - yes, that’s the ugly part inset to the mesh grill.

ADAS full package is no longer an option. The advanced front driving camera is now standard, meaning that you now order the remaining ADAS systems separately.

The Magnaride option is adaptive dampers. I’ve only driven Romas with this option and the ride quality is sublime. It allows you to use the sport drive mode yet retain the softer damper settings from normal mode.

One new option for the Spider is to have the grey plastic lower body parts painted. This is an alternative to forking out big money for carbon fibre. The choices seem to be gloss black or a silver colour. Cost in UK is about £10,300. Ouch!

Hope this help..

vcappp likes this.
  18. 599F1

599F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2023
    Full Name:
    599F1
    #18 599F1, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    Regarding the new Roma Spider option to paint the lower exterior body parts, it isn't in the US configurator yet according to my dealer, but they put in a ticket for me so I will write again when I find out the cost and options for colors.

If those parts (exterior sill cover, front spoiler, rear diffuser) were instead carbon fiber, the cost would be $26,500. I am not actually sure if the rear diffuser would also be painted with this option but I will find out. If the cost is within $10k of carbon fiber, I will probably just go with carbon fiber.

19. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    fyi in the US, the cost to paint the lower parts is $15k. You can select gloss black as the color.

20. 599F1

599F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2023
    Full Name:
    599F1
    thanks @clockem, is gloss black the only color or are there others? also, does that include the exterior sill cover, front spoiler and rear diffuser?

21. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Is does include all items you mentioned. I am not 100% sure if you can request a different color. I know on the FUV you can.

You may want to consider having those parts painted after market. Check with your dealer if they have had customers paint the exterior parts and how was the quality.

I am passing on the option and will consider after market.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. Prof_Lumen

Prof_Lumen Rookie

May 9, 2023
    Full Name:
    Robert Yeo
    Yes, I was told that you can either have gloss black or a silver/grey colour (sorry, forget the name). I decided to forgo the factory painted option and my dealer will paint the plastic parts gloss black in their body shop. Cost of about £4K in UK.

23. 599F1

599F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2023
    Full Name:
    599F1
    Interested in what people who have owned or ordered a Roma/Spider think about the cockpit material, Alcantara or leather? advantages and disadvantages? I think the leather looks better for some colors, but have always liked Alcantara, so a bit torn on which way to go.

24. FerrariFan10

FerrariFan10 Rookie

Jun 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I've had a couple of Maserati Ghiblis (2014, 2018). They were both loaded with alcantara everywhere, on the roof-liner, A-pillars and the soft leather seats. Up until the 4th year of each of the models, every time I got in, you can smell the leather (Poltrona Frau) - very intoxicating (in a most positive way!)
    I can only image what that would be like on a fresh brand new beauty of a Roma!