Roma, side mirrors, reversing | FerrariChat

Roma, side mirrors, reversing

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cenanesirtgen, Nov 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cenanesirtgen

cenanesirtgen Rookie

Aug 17, 2022
    Full Name:
    Cenan esirtgen
    Hi all,
    I am trying to find a way to STOP my right side mirror from dipping down and when I put my car in R, normally with other cars ,if you just leave the adjusment settings on the left side mirror, then the right side mirror would stay in the same position as in normal driving.
    Is there a way to stop this?
    Thanks in advance.

2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I don't have a Roma or a Roma manual, but if it's like the Portofino M or 458 you just need to re-memorize your seat mirror position, putting the car in reverse and leaving the mirror where you want it:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Condor Man likes this.
  3. cenanesirtgen

cenanesirtgen Rookie

Aug 17, 2022
    Full Name:
    Cenan esirtgen
    Thank you so much for the reply and the info. İt says exactly the same thing in the Roma manual.
    I will do as you have suggested.
    Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    OMG!

I have never know how to do this in any of my F car's!

Thank you!

5. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I can only get a single tone doing this. Also, my passenger side mirror memory position drifts off to an uncommanded position after a few reversing cycles. The dealer can’t fix it but says it is a known fault.

cenanesirtgen likes this.
  6. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Now that is annoying!

7. cenanesirtgen

cenanesirtgen Rookie

Aug 17, 2022
    Full Name:
    Cenan esirtgen
    I have exactly the same issue and it makes me mad. Please let me know if yours is solved.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is your car RHD or LHD? After 2 years of no solution, Ferrari are sending a new mirror. My bet is that it will also fault. I'm RHD - in Australia - for what it's worth.

Incidentally, I have a 2018 Lusso I've owned since new which has also had the same problem, since new. Not able to be resolved. The service from Ferrari ain't great.

9. Andrea65

Andrea65 Rookie

Dec 4, 2022
    Eastern Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    ...this is the other problem I face with my Roma: the right side mirror doesn't keep the position I've set up (left one is ok)...now I will try follow those instructions...thanks

10. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I have a Boxster with the same issue, very annoying, but my Roma doesn't do that? I guess the previous owner figured it out..

11. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Same problem here. Dealer says he cann't do anything about it.