Ron Tonkin reco | FerrariChat

Ron Tonkin reco

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by cwilson13, Jul 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a solid sales person at Ron Tonkin. I am interested in a Ferrari they have listed but I am clear across the country. Thanks for any insight.

2. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm happy to strongly recommend the entire Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo team! I have dealt with them since 2005, purchasing a 2004 360 Modena F1 with their assistance, plus purchasing an F430 and 488 GTB directly from them. (Each were one-year-old, one owner cars.)

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them, both with sales and service. I have dealt primarily with Steve Wintermantel for my purchases, and would suggest him as a first contact. Both Jim Brown (Sales Manager) and Tim Cupp (General Manager) are very pleasant and approachable, as well.

Since you are not local, of possibly less importance to you is the fact that RTGT is extremely supportive of the area Ferrari community. They support numerous Northwest Region Ferrari Club of America events every year, as well as organizing several of their own events--including two annual track days at Portland International Raceway, and several social &/or touring events each year. I know of no other dealership that is so supportive of their Ferrari "family."

Again, I unreservedly recommend the dealership, and Steve Wintermantel in particular. Tell 'em "Doc" sent you!

Good luck with your purchase plans,

David "Doc" Nichols

wiley355 and cwilson13 like this.
  3. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    I could try to say more, but David said it all. I would also recommend Steve Wintermantel.

docster, wiley355 and cwilson13 like this.
  4. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    David and IT Guy,

Thank you for the response and insights on Tonkin.

Always great to hear from this trusted community before talking with a dealership so far away.

If you ever need any help buying from someone in the South, I am happy to return the favor!

Best,

Chris

Jdubbya, Jonny Law and docster like this.
  5. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    I have not bought a car from Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo, but I can certainly recommend Steve Wintermantel. When I bought my F430 from Ferrari of Atlanta back in 2019 Steve arranged transport, even though they weren't involved in my purchase. I had just moved to the area from Seattle where Ferrari of Seattle had maintained my 355 for almost 9 years, but I knew Steve from Northwest Region Ferrari Club events, and that was enough.

Since then, RTGT has maintained my F430 and I'm very happy with that. The whole team at Ron Tonkin treats me as if I bought the latest Maranello marvel from them. Great people.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I've known Steve for years. Good guy. Their service department has always been excellent for me-- they are the only ones who have ever worked on my 612, since new.

JDZNate, wiley355 and docster like this.
  7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    + for Steve. He also helped arrange transport for an F430 I purchased elsewhere. I also recommend Kevin Anderson. He helped with my 296 GTS deposit. He's also just a cool guy in general and shows up and drives at the RTGT track days.

wiley355 likes this.