Rookie | FerrariChat

Rookie

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by MGT42086, May 19, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MGT42086

MGT42086 Rookie

Apr 4, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt T
    Greetings Gents!

My name is Matt - I live in Miami, FL. This is first time posting on FC, however I've been roaming this site for years! Just closed on my 1st Ferrari [04 575M] and pretty excited about it.

There is wealth of knowledge in this forum and look forward to tapping in and learning from previous/current owners.

Immediate plans for the car:
    1. Find a reputable/fair/affordable (lol) shop. [Open to suggestions]
    2. Full Service; please advise if there is something that I should consider doing while the car is in the shop for service.

Cheers,

-M

SteveVT, Auraraptor, F456M and 3 others like this.
  2. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @rhern213 Richel might have a good suggestion?

he also has a good Instagram @thatblue550

I had hoped to meet him IRL when I was in Miami a few months ago and our schedules didn’t work but he did turn me on to a great cars and coffee north of your area that I ended up going to with @SteveVT when he was down there at the same time.

F456M and rhern213 like this.
  3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Matt, I should have asked — photos and spec please?

Didn’t know if you bought one on the public market we had watched or if you picked up one privately.

If you also provide info like last date Of belts or any known existing maintenance (if you bought it privately) then that helps on suggestions for maintenance.
    Thanks — Eric

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Matt- Congratulations. You will love her. I would have just about everything done unless you got very complete service records. We can help once we get specifics on her.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Enjoy: if they have not been done the water hoses in the vee should be changed

LARRYH likes this.
  6. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    congrats !
    you will love it ....

7. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Matt the best no worries tech in your area is Tim Stanford in Ft Lauderdale. You will likely have to wait to get into see him. For other ideas possibly closer to home post in the Florida section of Fchat.
    Don’t forget to use the forum search function. You can pull up comments on Tim or possibly other tech ideas from past post.
    Enjoy the ride!
    Bill
    Florida

F456M likes this.
  8. MGT42086

MGT42086 Rookie

Apr 4, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt T
    @Ferrari55whoa: was tracking a few in the market and they were being scooped up for [~$115-139k], but this was the one I low key kept coming back to and ultimately pulled the trigger - attached [3] quick pics. Car is 04 575M w/ the f1 gear box. <8k miles, Color is Rosso Scuderia/Cuoio Interior.

@tazandjan: Thanks. Doesn't appear to come with the documentation I expected it to have, but with the PPI I had done, low miles and condition I felt comfortable enough to move forward. Car just needs a "full service" which I planned on doing along with anything misc. thing that comes up based on feedback before I drive this thing like Mike Lowreyyyyy

@greyboxer: Thank you! Noted.

@wbklink: Thank you! I'm not getting too excited until I take delivery and it's sitting in front of me.

@Konadog06: Thanks Bill. Spoke to Tim he only targets older Ferrari's, however he recommended Patrick at Fiorano Motorsports - Doral, FL. I believe there is info on Patrick in this forum and will dig a little deeper. More to come..
    View attachment 3335717 View attachment 3335719 View attachment 3335720

Attached Files:

Konadog06, SteveVT, F456M and 3 others like this.
  9. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's fantastic!

We just saw an eye watering 22k mile 550 on BaT hammer at $231k. The 575 has been said by many to be underappreciated and with the investor level miles on your's and the final year....what a great investment.

Will be fun to hear more from you down the road here on the forum!

F456M likes this.
  10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Matt- Give me the VIN or assembly number and I can give you some more details on her. Or just read this document and it highlights most of them.

Make sure you have the F1 fluid changed, system bled, and leak and self-tests performed. Should be done every three years and that is not in the maintenance recommendations. Same thing for the coolant, not in their recommendations. You need a good ELC coolant or Zerex G05, either of which protects the cylinder liners from erosion.

Attached Files:

Texas Forever and MGT42086 like this.
  11. MGT42086

MGT42086 Rookie

Apr 4, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt T

Here you go: ZFFBV55A240135481

12. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Matt nothing wrong with researching. If Tim recommended Patrick it’s a great place to start. Tim is among the best in the country at what he does. I had heard he might have a cut off date on cars he would work on now but wasn’t sure. He’s been in it a long time.
    Car looks great!
    Bill
    FL

Oengus likes this.
  13. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Hi Matt,
    Congratulations on the 575! Looks fantastic and you got the right seats :D!

Regarding the local shops, Tim Stanford was mentioned but unfortunately he only works on older pre-computer age cars.

Patrick @ Fiorano motorsports I would recommend. He worked on my 550 when I first got it and had it fully serviced. He is very knowledgeable and a great resource. He's passionate about his work and will gladly take the time to explain every bit of detail on what he's doing to the car and why. Also very reasonable in price as far as I've seen.

I was similar to you where I spent many sleepless nights reading in the background of Fchat about everything I could imagine before getting my 550. And just as much there after, lol. It's an amazing resource and the Maranello specific community on here is a great bunch of people!

If you'd like send me a private message and we'll exchange info if you want to chat about the car. I can also fill you in on local meets and groups in the area if it's something you're interested in.

Look forward to some updates, cheers and welcome to the club!

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Matt- Congrats, you got one of the fall, 2003 2004s that has the post AN 52556 upgrades. Most important part of that upgrade is the steering position sensor missing in earlier 575Ms, including my 135171, that improves handling by feeding lead into turn info to the shock absorber ECU. She also has a 50 amp F1 pump relay instead of the earlier 30 amp one that was prone to fusing. She also has straight center pipes instead of the center resonator, introduced earlier in CY 2003.

MGT42086 and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  15. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Right, Matt, you found a good one. Congratulations! Drive it in good health.

Barry

16. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Congrats Matt and welcome! She’s a beauty!

MGT42086 likes this.
  17. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats, Matt. Driving Emotions takes some of the best pictures for their listings - in the case of your new acquisition, they showcased an especially beautiful machine!

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    docapl, F456M and MGT42086 like this.
  19. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Terry will one day sell that to me ..lol

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

20. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The “interested” line is definitely long for “someday” from @tazandjan ! i still want to hold my place in line! ;-)

21. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Hey now

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

22. MGT42086

MGT42086 Rookie

Apr 4, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt T
  23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Rosso Corsa, the New Mexico sun, where I lived when the photo was taken, brightens up the paint a bit.

MGT42086 likes this.
  24. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #24 F456M, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022

Congrats to our new friend!!

yes I agree that red 550 that sold was an immaculate car. As a 550 owner myself I love the model alot, but at the same time after having had a Jag for many years in south FL, I realize that a 575M Maranello with F1 is probably a 10x better car for using at this location. Also due to better AC! Enjoy, get a good radar detector and drive the heck out of it! A Maranello in Miami... What can go wrong. :)

Erik
    Oslo

Konadog06 likes this.
  25. SteveVT

SteveVT Karting

Nov 30, 2019
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Matt- congrats!!! As you can see, the community here is super knowledgeable and eager to help. I bought my 04 nero/nero 575M almost two years ago and have learned so much from the wonderful folks on this forum. It was great to connect w @Ferrari55whoa earlier this year in FL and am looking forward to meeting up with @Laserguru at an upcoming FCA cruise around southern NH early next month.

MGT42086 and Laserguru like this.