Rosso bordeaux | FerrariChat

Rosso bordeaux

Discussion in '206/246' started by TonyL, Jan 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I am contemplating changing the colour of my Dino back to Rosso bordeaux 20R351 as previously supplied by Maranello UK

Although my paintshop say they can mix this colour does anybody know where i can obtain a colour swatch just to be 100% sure.

Knowing my luck it will turn out the wrong colour and so want to avoid going into orbit if it is

Cheers

TonyL

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #2 of2worlds, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    TonyL if your Dino comes out looking like this one you should be happy! From the Dino Colors thread. Amazing looking color!!! Though your quote is for 20R and the saved name is 30R...
    CH
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I believe that the car in the photo (Lars's car) is a metallic bordeaux. Celestial Coop has a Rosso Bordeaux Dino that is non-metallic. Perhaps it's like Blu Dino and Blu Dino Metallizato. Fred

4. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Tony, we've painted two cars in that color, 07594 and 07620, ask Matthias about the results.

Right now I own 05372 which has it's original Rosso Dino Bordeaux.

Please contact me: [email protected]

5. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks, i cannot find any reference in the Dino Compendium for 30R351 and Ferrari have confirmed my dino was painted 20R351.

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    OK maybe a typo error when the spec number was added to the picture. Ferrari are seldom wrong so they should know! Very lucky to have that color as the original Dino shade!!!
    CH

7. VicJano

VicJano Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    Kingston upon Thames
    Full Name:
    Chris O'Connor
    Tony, Lovely colour, probably my favourite.
    Chris

8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #8 TonyL, Jan 23, 2013
    Escapist likes this.
  9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Big Thank you to 500tr - Volkmar who has kindly offered to send me a sample.

Dont you just love how people are so willing to help out. A big thank you to Isuk for help on this as well via pm's.

10. marsk27

marsk27 Rookie

Nov 5, 2008
    Ribe , Denmark
    Full Name:
    Flemming Christensen
    #10 marsk27, Jan 24, 2013
  11. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    correct: Rosso Rubino Metallizzato 106-R-83

12. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I knew you would get the old girl painted sooner rather than later..........Bare metal?

13. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Has to be done,

14. TKO

TKO Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom Kearns
    #14 TKO, Jan 24, 2013
  15. DinoLasse

DinoLasse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2009
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Yes, Tom, that is a great shot of my car, thank you!

I should point out that the photo in post#2 is NOT of my car. We are actually showing three different - but very close - colors in this post: Rosso Bordeaux, Rosso Rubino and Rosso Cordoba (my car). Of the three, I believe only Rosso Bordeaux was non-metallic. All three look fantastic on a Dino, in my opinion.

TonyL, I think you would be very pleased with Rosso Bordeaux. If that was the original color of your car, just thank your lucky star and go for it!

16. sarkis kassardjian

Aug 26, 2007
    Hello Lars

That is a beautiful picture on a beautiful day in Palos Verdes, looks like I was having lots of fun with my friends and my Dino in the background.

Regards,

Sarkis

17. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Lars, That's a spectacular shot of your Dino. My Rosso Fiorano Dino in some light looks exactly that shade. Other times, it looks another shade entirely. I think that the Dino is a natural chameleon! Fred

18. DinoLasse

DinoLasse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2009
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Lars

Hi Sarkis,

Yes, you do look like you are having a good time, surrounded by babes and friends!

What a pleasant day it was, and what a perfect place to hold a car show, on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. When I look at that picture, I can almost feel the cool, soothing breeeze sweeping in from the ocean. Coastal Southern California is hard to beat at times like that. Sweet memories!

Regards,
    Lars

19. DinoLasse

DinoLasse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2009
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Fred, I have noticed that too. The light conditions seem to change these deep burgundy colors much more than others. It is no wonder that even the experts sometimes fail to identify them correctly - particularly when the lighting is unfamiliar. Yet another part of the Dino Mystique, I suppose.

Lars

20. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    So true, Lars. One of my Dinos is Blu Sera, and the other was originally blue (repainted a non-Ferrari blue before I purchased it). To this day, I'm still not certain what the original shade of blue was. The light play on these cars is very inscrutable! Fred

21. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Lars, that is a great looking dino, the more i see this colour the more i like it.

Anybody else have a RB coloured dino post em up here please.

The car was definately RB as i have just been given the original sales invoice from Ferrari to Maranello UK and its logged as RB 20R351

Just need the weather to improve so i can start work on getting it stripped down.

22. speedh

speedh Rookie

Nov 19, 2008
    #22 speedh, Jan 28, 2013
    I had my Dino repained in Rosso Bordeaux two years ago and it's a stunning color. It draws a crowd whenever it's parked and was a class winner at last year's Greenwich Concours. By the way, the original paints were one stage; my paint guy did up samples in both one and two stage paints and I couldn't tell the difference and went with the two stage.

23. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Seriously nice Dino speedh, the more i see this colour the more i like it.

One thing i noticed or it isnt that clear from the photo, are the lower areas painted black.i.e sills, front and rear vaalance?. Personally i think it looks better without

24. speedh

speedh Rookie

Nov 19, 2008
    No. Just shadows

25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    beautiful color which ever color sure looks spectacular all 3 colors that were shown.although the color referred to as LARS car is incredible.
    Larry