Rosso Corsa Vs Rosso Scuderia | FerrariChat

Rosso Corsa Vs Rosso Scuderia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by sandeshuppu, Sep 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sandeshuppu

sandeshuppu Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    hello guys,
    I am a newbie to both supercars as well as this forum, i plan on buying a 458 italia mid2013 and ive taken on this quest for knowledge. I feel very previleged to be here in the presence of so many serious Ferrari enthusiasts and owners.... ive never seen two 458 italias with the rosso corsa and rosso scuderia colours side by side and i am confused... i somehow think the rosso scuderia looks More RED and brighter from the pictures.... from a experienced buyers perspective ... which one looks better in real..?

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Which do YOU like better? That's the real question you need to answer.

Mike

3. Marwan458

Marwan458 Rookie

Oct 24, 2011
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Marwan
    Corsa by far!

4. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Corsa greatly outsells Scuderia. Does that help answer your question?

5. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    When the 360 CS came out Scuderia was all the rage. It is, or was, the color or the F1 team at the time. My dealer told me that the F1 team did research on what color looked the most like Corsa on television and that is how the color was developed. In person, I think it has some orange in it. Not sure if this is true, but it is what I was told.

If true, Corsa is what Ferrari thinks is red.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    I prefer scuderia, brighter than corsa for sure. Only looks slightly orange in hue next to corsa, but does not look that way on its own, just a very vibrant red. Get what you like; you will compete with all the other corsas if you ever decide to sell down the line. Best.

7. KenTO

KenTO Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2009
    Toronto
    Scud definitely more orange in tone than Corsa.

8. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Scud is definitely more rare. But Ferrari has used just about every red there is in their racing heritage. From orangey to winey. So if you want a red that is a little off the mainstream and very pretty, take the Scud. If you want what is generally acknowledged to be the Ferrari red of today and a "straight red," get the Corsa. Both are great. As for me I find my head turning more when I see a Scud red car; probably the rarity factor at work.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think the color of the interior must also be considered.

To me, Scud works best with a black interior only. I think it's too orange for beige or cuoio. Against black, it's amazing.

The best way to decide is look at the salesmen's sample case. You can match up the paints and interior colors and see if it works for you.

Remember what's important is what works for YOU, not US. That's why you order a custom car.

Dennis_said likes this.
  10. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    You can't go wrong with either color, but I'm a big fan of the Scuderia red, it's just so red!

I agree with the mayor, Rossa Scuderia looks best with a black interior.

11. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    My opinion:

Scuderia is sportier. Corsa is prettier, more classic.

Scuderia really pops. Looks better on TV. Corsa looks better in person.

Get what you like. :cool:

12. 2k7997tt

2k7997tt Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    John M.
    I echo the same opinion as above. YOU should compare the two colors and make the selection.

Corsa is more common. I don't think this translates that more people prefer Corsa over Scuderia.

13. sandeshuppu

sandeshuppu Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    thank you for your replies guys, the reason why i asked this question is because when i see videos of the Corsa red on youtube and other sites, the cars appear a little "pink" and not Red. i plan on going for a beige interior with red stitching since i feel it makes the cabin feel more airy and inviting. Like you have said, i should probably see them in person..... as of now from the pictures, i feel the scuderia red is more like the ferrari red i have in mind.. i still have a year to go before i place the order.... thank you for your replies guys, this forum has made me realise that not all rich ferrari owners are head heavy...:):)

14. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    That's enough time for Ferrari to bring out three new reds to confuse you. :)

15. sandeshuppu

sandeshuppu Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    Very true ! But confusions like these are worth having ~! i feel Ferrari and the colour Red were made for each other !!!

16. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    #16 458dreamer, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    I think it is fair to say that not all ferrari owners are rich. The rich get that way by living a miserly lifestyle like Warren Buffet. Spending on luxury items puts a big dent in ones wealth. Ferrari owners have heart and emotions and desire and are willing to part with their earnings to satisfy those.

17. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    That's also enough time for the 458 scud to be out then you can get the scud red on the scud. That makes sense.

18. 2k7997tt

2k7997tt Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    John M.
    See the colors in person. The same color varies from one source to another.

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ha! There ain't nothing "pink" about rossa corso! You can't get more red if you had a USSR flag! :)

If that's your worry, don't. If you want something brighter, go with Scuderia but it is a bit more in the orange family of reds.

20. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Sales@CNCMOTORS Formula 3

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    #20 Sales@CNCMOTORS, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    If you are local we have a Scuderia Red 430 and Corsa Red 430 within 20 feet of each other........

21. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Videos and photographs are deceptive since most video recording media do not have good fidelity. Those who advise seeing them in person are right. Make whatever pilgrimage is needed.

FWIW Corsa is not pinkish; it reads as a spectrally pure red. Scud Red is more orangey.

22. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Sales@CNCMOTORS Formula 3

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    +1

23. sandeshuppu

sandeshuppu Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    Youre absolutely right..... i checked it out yesterday at the local ferrari dealership and found there was nothing "pink" about it. Infact RS looked a bit orange under those bright lights just like you mentioned..... i think ill fix my mind on Rosso Corsa..:)

24. sandeshuppu

sandeshuppu Rookie

Jan 22, 2012
    thank you man.... but i am not a local.... i live in india! my nearest local dealership is about 500 miles away... luckily I came to singapore for a few days... and found a dealership very close to where am staying.... got to see them LIVE !:)

25. hotsauce

hotsauce Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2011
    around
    Rosso Corsa: (Classic Ferrari Red)
    [​IMG]

Rosso Scuderia: (More Orange)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nuovo Rosso Scuderia: $20K+ (16M championship F1 Car Color)
    [​IMG]